Asking for help Interpreting AFR readings from new Weber 32/36

matrophy

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just installed the 32/36 dgev on my 86 720.

I'm at 5200' above sea level.

Running rich, dieseling when shut off and high idle.

Just ordered the high altitude jet kit and hope to apply some of the above info to get a more efficient tune...soon.

Thanks for the info.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2021 at 6:19 PM, Charlie69 said:

Here is the Baseline jetting chart.  Remember the carb started life as a DGAV.

Baseline-Jetting-In-Current-New-Weber-Ca

My jetting is the fifth carb down, the 32/36 DGEV. Exactly like that, and I'm experiencing week feeling acceleration, but like I was saying I have vac leak to fix.

Hey OP, how'd you go about installing the AFR gauge? I want to put one on my truck to help tune the carb.

BTW, my elevation is less than 100 feet, and no dieseling out at all when shutting off

Edited by A guy named Rick
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, A guy named Rick said:

My jetting is the fifth carb down, the 32/36 DGEV. Exactly like that, and I'm experiencing week feeling acceleration, but like I was saying I have vac leak to fix.

Hey OP, how'd you go about installing the AFR gauge? I want to put one on my truck to help tune the carb.

BTW, my elevation is less than 100 feet, and no dieseling out at all when shutting off

The AEM kit comes with the correct Bosch O2 sensor although, rumor has it that there is one on Amazon that works just as well. After installing the new O2 sensor, it's just a matter of mounting the gauge, running the cable from the 02 sensor to the gauge and power and ground. You need to add a fuse inline per the instructions. If you want to collect data you need an Rs232 to USB adaptor and some logging software

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, matrophy said:

The AEM kit comes with the correct Bosch O2 sensor although, rumor has it that there is one on Amazon that works just as well. After installing the new O2 sensor, it's just a matter of mounting the gauge, running the cable from the 02 sensor to the gauge and power and ground. You need to add a fuse inline per the instructions. If you want to collect data you need an Rs232 to USB adaptor and some logging software

You have to calibrate it (or at least mine did) and every year? or 6 months. It doesn't run out of the box but it's easy to do. I think you have to have the O2 sensor out in the free air. It reads the oxygen level in the air and remembers it.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

You have to calibrate it (or at least mine did) and every year? or 6 months. It doesn't run out of the box but it's easy to do. I think you have to have the O2 sensor out in the free air. It reads the oxygen level in the air and remembers it.

My understanding is that his version will have some sort of message on the display if it needs to be re-calibrated. It didn't require calibration at first though

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, A guy named Rick said:

What elevation are you at, and also any mods to the engine or is it stock? 

I’m in Indiana - so not much elevation . Stock rebuild . Pistons maybe 10 over - I can’t remember . Spark plugs look perfect . 

• Like 1