California Datsun Header

Payco

Guys. Have any of you purchased a header from California Datsun ?. Tried to line mine up this week but it doesn’t fit at all and fouls up against the steering block idler . We have tried it on a LHD 510 and the issue is the same. I’m waiting to hear what they have to say. Photos below.

6B371323-9226-4D1F-9A31-0D05BC00CEE0.jpeg

2535DA4C-EFAF-49CC-A466-CE74BCB58B3D.jpeg

E719CD38-A0D8-4EBB-86FC-484F8C9FECD5.jpeg

8200BD1B-E8AD-4675-8829-D57CB80E28A1.jpeg

Edited by Payco
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

they usually fitr and I seen them the only thing I can think of is since yur right hand drive soemthing is different on that side.

best to get a header from Australia if you really neede one.

I would have ran the stock set up anyways and there are good, but even your stock set up looks different than the 510s with the L16 4 into 4 cast iron manfold with a Y pipe collector.  Your goes in to one like a later L20 motor with the 3 bolt flange.

I would have put back the stock exhaust what you have and put the sidedrafts on and call it good. Headers are just going to make it noisier

I have one of those headers also. But not installed  I only got it to replace the nasty L20 b versions if I ever needed it. But I have L16 exhaust manifolds and like them

be honest I think your fucked on this one to ship that back and get your money.

I thought it would fit also but it has to be cause of right hand drive cause they fit the Left hand drive 510 here. its close but they do fit. Come to think do might hit at a full turn if soembody told me correctly.  Is the sterringwheel turned fully to one side?????

Edited by banzai510(hainz)

Well first off do you have room to put collector on and turn out before hitting the Idler arm [picture is deceiving ] ? I am sure you can see its not a direct bolt up. Second it should fit as the work fine with LHD cars and trucks. California Datsun is by me and I know him personally. His name is Al Allen. 

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Just spoken to Al and we are resolving. I’m going to have to get an exhaust shop to fabricate it. Will send photos when done . Appreciate the quick replies..

yes but probably should have said on the ad it doesn’t fit a right hand drive  510 as I now have a £250 bill for fabrication work that he isn’t overly keen to compensate me for.

3 hours ago, Payco said:

Thanks guys. Just spoken to Al and we are resolving. I’m going to have to get an exhaust shop to fabricate it. Will send photos when done . Appreciate the quick replies..

yes but probably should have said on the ad it doesn’t fit a right hand drive  510 as I now have a £250 bill for fabrication work that he isn’t overly keen to compensate me for.

Well in both defenses buying a Kameari RHD designed header has to be verified as well here in the states. There one that I know of in a truck and it fits not because he converted to rack and pinion, other then that it would of even trial and error. And at 1500.00 usd to get it here. 

2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Truck steering boxes are in the front. Getting it past the torsion bars would be more of a challenge.

The L16 xast exhaust is supposed to be good to 150 hp.

Yes Im sorry forgot to mention the steering rod and cover is the other cock block or the block on trucks.. Troy Amish header will. to fit also unless you take the steering box off and then bolt header then put box back on. Ask me how I know.