2nd 521- Ready to post

ehathaway

Hi all, 

It's been a while, as I'm mostly an observer on this site. But, finally ready to share where I landed with a 521 that I bought last October. I bought it from another member on this site, great guy! He lives up near Washington and I'm in the San Fernando Valley, so he was kind enough to meet me in Fresno. 

The truck was mechanically sound when I bought it, he did an awesome job going through it. Since then, I've done quite a bit just to make sure it's running good- new clutch assembly, thorough tune up, added electronic ignition... The body was quite rough and I was torn on keeping it the same (has a cool history) or going back to original. So, after a lot of debating, I decided to fix it up and go back to an original look. I'm sure happy that I did, as I love the original look. I also pulled all the chrome and stripped any rust from it. 

So, here's some before and after's- enjoy and feel free to ask any questions! By the way, it was an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE finding the original bumperettes and brackets. 

yhmXX1H.jpg

590joAk.jpg

lNXexAE.jpg

hzUecYb.jpg

ihvv9nM.jpg

YCAL1gE.jpg

0GjaJEX.jpg

HFqvLNH.jpg

HRHdTHf.jpg

cHzKkg7.jpg

Yfdy71c.jpg

• Like 5
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Charlie69 said:

Nice work.  Take a piece of pipe, stick it through the bumperette brackets and pry in the direction that will level out the bumperettes.  I have had adjust every set of bumperettes I have owned.

Thanks! Definitely on the to-do list. They are both just a bit wonky. 

• Like 1
On 5/11/2021 at 8:52 AM, ehathaway said:

Hi all, 

It's been a while, as I'm mostly an observer on this site. But, finally ready to share where I landed with a 521 that I bought last October. I bought it from another member on this site, great guy! He lives up near Washington and I'm in the San Fernando Valley, so he was kind enough to meet me in Fresno. 

The truck was mechanically sound when I bought it, he did an awesome job going through it. Since then, I've done quite a bit just to make sure it's running good- new clutch assembly, thorough tune up, added electronic ignition... The body was quite rough and I was torn on keeping it the same (has a cool history) or going back to original. So, after a lot of debating, I decided to fix it up and go back to an original look. I'm sure happy that I did, as I love the original look. I also pulled all the chrome and stripped any rust from it. 

So, here's some before and after's- enjoy and feel free to ask any questions! By the way, it was an ABSOLUTE NIGHTMARE finding the original bumperettes and brackets. 

yhmXX1H.jpg

590joAk.jpg

lNXexAE.jpg

hzUecYb.jpg

ihvv9nM.jpg

YCAL1gE.jpg

0GjaJEX.jpg

HFqvLNH.jpg

HRHdTHf.jpg

cHzKkg7.jpg

Yfdy71c.jpg

Yeah man the rubber duck. I had that on one of my Tanker trucks. Of course a Peter lit 379 long hood.

• Like 2
18 hours ago, mrbigtanker said:

Yeah man the rubber duck. I had that on one of my Tanker trucks. Of course a Peter lit 379 long hood.

Nice. I've always liked that thing, but just didn't know what to put it on. Then I had the vision of slapping it on a little truck, especially a 521!

• Like 2