SSS Bullet Mirrors - Proper Mounting Location???

mhinkens

Help!

I have done the googling and the reading and sadly, all of the old threads on this HAD great pics with diagrams and measurements BUT they are all dead links!

I was hoping someone could share WHERE the SSS Bullet Mirrors are supposed to be mounted on a 2-door 510.

I have what I think are OEM mirrors and want to make sure I do it right. 

Thank you (PS... first post, so go easy on me!)

uc?export=download&id=1efS6Bd2qXGkxlPd-6

• Like 1
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the quick reply. Thats where the dead/archived post is from 2008! Lots of people saying "look at this diagram" and lots of 13 year old dead links. Hoping someone has anything else as I do not want to mount them like an idiot, ha.

Look up under the front fender with the wheels OFF, you will see the upper fender rail.  About 12-14 inches from the front, you will see an indentation in the upper fender rail.  That indentation is there for clearance for that rectangular base that came with the mirrors.  You will methodically measure & drill!!  Suggestion is to drill at that indentation, UP thru the fender from underneath, so you know where you are drilling!  Hope that makes sense! 😉 😁

• Like 2

I see you are in Milwaukee..........do you go to Road America in July & September?  We race 240Z's at both events.............well, hopefully this year! 😎

2 hours ago, yenpit said:

Look up under the front fender with the wheels OFF, you will see the upper fender rail.  About 12-14 inches from the front, you will see an indentation in the upper fender rail.  That indentation is there for clearance for that rectangular base that came with the mirrors.  You will methodically measure & drill!!  Suggestion is to drill at that indentation, UP thru the fender from underneath, so you know where you are drilling!  Hope that makes sense! 😉 😁

Thank you, this is exactly what I was hoping to hear! I will get underneath her this week and post some pics as I go. 

And as for Road America, depending how much work I get done on the dime, I may be there! 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mrbigtanker said:

What yenpit said. If I had my wagon I would measure my wagon but I don’t have it now. But yes look underneath and you will see the indentation against the body. That were it goes. You will drill 2 holes. Also they suck to look back in. So if you want the JDM look cool if not it’s a novelty. 

Yeah, my existing "aftermarket" traditional mirrors suck as well but I do have a 5-panel wink mirror and the blind spots in these things seems none-existent! Definitely going for the look, but want to make sure I do it right!

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, carterb said:

I have a paper template I made that lays on top of the fender.

If the pictures above do not provide what you need let me know and I can give you additional measurements.

--carter

Thanks for the reply! A paper template would be an awesome double-check against my calculations... Do you have the measurements I could use to create the template?

I will check on the rubber stopper on my hood, but wonder if the tape measure in your pic is showing me the hole relationships OR if you are starting that out at the front of the car for a specific distance... if so, where are you measuring from?

- M

From the green line I added up front where the radiator support meets the fender to the front edge of the black plastic base we have 6.5 inches. The green line closest to the windshield has the center of the small hole at 9 inches. Hope this is helpful.

Luis.

Mirror1.jpg

Mirror2.jpg

• Like 2

Keep in mind that most measurements are correct for a RIGHT HAND DRIVE car and need to be reversed for a left hand drive car. Why does this matter, because the mirrors are offset and not in identical spots. 

Found this here on the Ratsun 

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d31/gokiburix/510%20Wagon/510fendermirror.jpg

Edited by Jesse C.

All done! Thanks to everybody that gave me advice. Only issue I ran into, was deciding what point to start the measurements at. One of the front side panels has been replaced, so everything is just a tiny bit crooked, so I had to compensate for that. But in the end, after measuring 1000 times, it worked out.
uc?export=download&id=1wHPPhzyOpHR7Mgjdd

• Like 2
9 hours ago, mhinkens said:

All done! Thanks to everybody that gave me advice. Only issue I ran into, was deciding what point to start the measurements at. One of the front side panels has been replaced, so everything is just a tiny bit crooked, so I had to compensate for that. But in the end, after measuring 1000 times, it worked out.
uc?export=download&id=1wHPPhzyOpHR7Mgjdd

Nice work!!!

• Like 1