B210 63A into a B310

sunny310

Just found this B210 63A dogleg box for sale and I want to get for my B310. It’s currently running a 60 series 4 speed(car was originally an Auto). 
Would the B310 Auto driveshaft and crossmember work?

Would i be able the use the same clutch/pressure plate setup that’s in the 4 speed?

Also would my Speedo cable work?

4FFF5EE9-145F-4335-B225-E12B1F609FDC.jpeg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Regarding the clutch, you can cross reference part numbers on rockauto to see if they both use the same clutch. I believe the speedo would work if it's long enough and in correct position on the transmission.

The B210 (including the 5 speed) and 210 (B310) both use the same 180mm pressure plate so as long as the spline on the 63A 5 speed is the same 21 tooth? the 210 clutch and PP should work. OR just buy a B-210 clutch disc for the 5 speed.

Assuming all the above works.... keep and use your current release bearing collar (but use a new bearing) on the 63A clutch arm.

I’m looking at pics of the gearbox n it’s missing the clutch fork and release bearing and the reverse switch. Are those parts hard to find?

Looks like the 63A uses a different clutch with 24 spline. I have to see if the b310 Auto driveshaft would work. The guy has a b210 one but I know the flange is different

its also missing that plug in the photo

D281F19A-7772-4EF5-B107-F18563342DD1.jpeg

Clutch friction disc you mean. It's the same pressure plate. Get a B-210 5 speed clutch disc and it should work. I think they are 180mm diameter.

The B-210 automatic and the B-210 63A 5 speed driveshafts are the same.  Same part number for the entire assembly. The 63A is 26" long so this would mean the B-210 automatic is also 26" long.

The 210 manual 4 or 5 speed driveshaft is 1177mm long.

The 210 automatic driveshaft is 1045mm long.

The difference in length is 5.2" or the difference between a 26" and a 31.5" long transmission. Thus the 4 and 5 speeds are 26" and the 3N71B automatic is 31.5" long.

Awesome info buddy. Thanks. Kinda nervous about buying this tranny. Guy is asking $300. Hopefully it’s in good order and I can find all the missing bits on it