Jcon71

Hello, new to chat but not to Datsun. I just bought an 80 510 wagon and was thinking about switching the grill to an older 510 or 620. The headlights are square and the bezels would have to be changed as well. Has anyone seen this or know if it works. 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It won’t bolt in. Can you make it fit, sure but you may have to hack it to bits. I’ve never seen it done personally. Maybe photoshop it first to see if it’s something you like.

The late '78 and '79 A10 had the 'round eyes' headlights. I don't think the fenders/hood rad support changed when the A10 switched to rectangle lights so an earlier grill should fit. Forget the 620 grill.

The plugs for the headlights will need the wires switched around because there is a difference between round and square bulbs. It's not hard to do.

You have an A10 or an HL510 so call it that so others less familiar won't think you are referring to the '68-'73 PL510 which is a totally different car. I like the looks of the A10 with round lights.