2 cars in 2 days

Stinky

I got offered a 92 Accord, twas in an accident, it needs about $200 worth of repairs...just get it out of my yard.  It was an exercise....no key, and broken front spindle.  Had to put in on the dolly....backwards, then, pull it out in to the street, drop it and then come around from the other end.  It is on the dolly in the yard now....car #1.

My son broke down....car just mysteriously died.  How long has the charge light been on...I dunno.  Either the ECM can't think right on reduced voltage, or the FP can't give it enough gas on reduced voltage, or it has reduced spark, or all 3 together.  It came home on the end of a rope.  This car came to us for $100, 2 years ago, it needed an in the tank fuel pump.  That time, we brought it home on the above dolly.

The 720 still has it.  Balls to spare, cruising at 55 mph.   We did climb the hills in 3rd.

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drove a 92 Accord for 16 years, sold it to my nephew in '16 for $500 after spending $900 on the timing belt/water pump/etc service.  It's still going...probably 280k+ miles now, and on the original automatic transmission.  If you have any questions I might be able to help.

• Like 1

I had a 93 accord SE 2 door. It was my second car. Automatic tyranny. It had a lot of issues.. but it was so smooth on the road. I loved that car. Drove it for years before the tranny started slipping. 

• Like 1

To be clear the issues were from years of neglect before me and also during my ownership. I was a teenager and had no clue how to wrench. I bought the car from a really shady small dealership for around 3k in about 2004. If I could find a low mileage example I’d snag it.

• Like 1