620 Poly Bushings

ralliartvr47

Hello all,

I have a 1979 Datsun GN620 (Standard Cab, J15 engine, Ball Joint suspension and Long Bed). I'm interested in trying polyurethane bushings as it's not a daily driver. On Superpro website, there are bushings for the 620, but they specify it's for 72-78 models. I contacted them to verify if it would fit on my 79 model. They're not sure because of the age of the vehicle. I would need to provide them with dimensions of the OE bushings so they can compare. 

Is there anyone here who have tried superpro bushings? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I have been hearing that the late 620 suspension parts are similar to the 720's. Can anyone confirm this?

Regards,

Ganesh Mungroo

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The '78 and '79 are disc brake fronts which have a different suspension than the earlier 620. The lower control arms are different. If you have the sway bar option they are the same. Get rubber, cheaper and better. No squeaks, no wear and they don't transmit noise and vibration.

6 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

The '78 and '79 are disc brake fronts which have a different suspension than the earlier 620. The lower control arms are different. If you have the sway bar option they are the same. Get rubber, cheaper and better. No squeaks, no wear and they don't transmit noise and vibration.

My 620 didn't come with disc brakes (so said the previous owner). He installed 720 front disc brakes and claimed that no modification was required. I only recently bought the pickup and it went straight to the body shop. I'll try to post some photos this weekend.

Thank you for the help.

Regards,

Ganesh Mungroo

Well you can't put later 620 disc brakes on the earlier 620 drum brake set up, it's impossible. BUT you can fit later vented rotors and larger caliper 720 disc brakes on the '78-'79 620 that did originally come with disc brakes as a nice up-grade.

17 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Well you can't put later 620 disc brakes on the earlier 620 drum brake set up, it's impossible. BUT you can fit later vented rotors and larger caliper 720 disc brakes on the '78-'79 620 that did originally come with disc brakes as a nice up-grade.

Thank you for the assistance. The plan is to upgrade to the Wilwood kit all around when I'm ready to do the SR20 swap (should be next year). Right now the priority is making it reliable again.

Regards,

Ganesh Mungroo