Datsun 520 radiator replacement?

Bigliquid530

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I searched to no avail as well, had to repair it myself since even the radiator shop wouldn’t touch it! Now that I am up and running I’d like to find a more modern replacement too. My last thought was to buy a 521 version and have a shop move the inlet and outlet, might be a cheaper option than full custom.

• Like 1

The J13 is not a popular engine, most change it out to an L block or more modern engine, the easiest solution is to use an L block radiator and have a radiator shop move the outlets, although the early 521(1969) did come with a J13 if you can find one of them trucks being parted out.

if you need something just measure your core support and go to the wrecking yard and find something that will work, I have a diesel engine in my 521 that needs the outlets same as the J13(upper on the passenger side, lower on the driver side), I had to pound a little to open the width a little as it was tight, but I made a Volvo wagon radiator fit, I used an inline radiator filler/cap.

002.JPG.008b7fa9db0a00986ca5d9e25b448a98.JPG

003.JPG.55f18df59238ee8c45dc327eed78a280.JPG

004.JPG.241e531dde249ffbdcf2c4f156511f20.JPG

• Like 1