• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am 2nd or 3rd owner.
I have had this for 34 yrs and suspect it has 4-500K on the bearings
I am swapping frames due to a hole and converting a Longbed frame
into a KC frame. Whoever owned the Cali donor frame must not have known about the threaded holes
in the drum for removal.
They bent the dogshit out of them

100_1458.JPG

• Like 5
  • 3 weeks later...

you should mass produce those axle removal tubes, i would buy 1 for sure cuz im going to swap out drums to disc brakes from silvermine motors and will need to replace axle bearings/ seal  when i do it

• 3 weeks later...

You can get the pcs. at your local Home Depot
or plumbing supply house.
It may be better to bush it down to 1-1/2" pipe, I used 2"
You still will need a 2" floor flange.
Just a drill , die grinder, I used an axle shim to mark the bolt pattern onto the
floor flange, centerpunch & drill slightly oversize.
It cost me 26 bucks to make, @ 10 bucks an hour, you are adding another 20-30 bucks to the tool,
then there is shipping, if I make them........Datsun guys are tightwads, I know, I am one....LOL

This was the best idea I could come up with that would not damage anything in the process.
Putting it in any kind of arbor or hydraulic press did not seem like it would be good for the backplates,
although several people have said that is the way they did it, I stuck closer to how the manual sez.

The reason I did it was because of the fucked up Cali backplates on the replacement frame were worse
than my rust belt GA backplates.

If anything, this could be a tool that gets sent from town to town once I am finished with it.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I am done, Pay shipping & 10 bucks and it's yours to sell to the next guy when you are through with it.
I can always make another, as long as I don't go senile first....LOL
Anyway, that way it will only cost 10 bucks + shipping to the next guy.
The way I box stuff, the box will make several trips before having to be retired.
I have gas pump computer boxes that have been from Cali & back 4-5 times

I hope to be done with it in a few more weeks....I learned how to electroplate Nickle,
so I am on that $16.00 investment on the rods, plating all kinds of shit kick right now............
The wrench was from my first vehicle with a tag, KZ 400, the only thing I have left from her. 
Not even pictures, Don't even know what year it was anymore.....76?
I have some mean ass scars when I got hit by the car that terminated my bike, I was 17.

100_2028.JPG