210 Rear Suspension

Hello! I've posted a topic on this before but i'm realizing that I might have to replace the shocks in the rear along with the springs to get a higher ride height. I bought T3 coilovers for the front and am still deciding on what spring rate I am going to get (most likely going with 200). The rear of the car is very low and I am looking to raise it a couple of inches just so that the rear of the wheel is not rubbing when I put people in the back of my car. Does anyone know of good springs or a certain spring rate along with shocks that I could put in? I saw online that they have bags for the datsun pickups for the rear, is it worth trying bags?

IMG-6664.jpgIMG-6665.jpgIMG-6705-2.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone must have cut the spring to be that low. Get a new stock replacement set or a set from a 210 in a from a wrecking yard. Or maybe rubber spacers...

https://www.amazon.ca/Superior-18-1901-Donut-Spring-Spacer/dp/B00029K20W

714kWXNfIUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Shocks don't affect ride height. Some gas charged shocks might push up with 20-30 pounds but not enough to make much difference. Those look new.

3 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Someone must have cut the spring to be that low. Get a new stock replacement set or a set from a 210 in a from a wrecking yard. Or maybe rubber spacers...

https://www.amazon.ca/Superior-18-1901-Donut-Spring-Spacer/dp/B00029K20W

714kWXNfIUL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Shocks don't affect ride height. Some gas charged shocks might push up with 20-30 pounds but not enough to make much difference. Those look new.

I've been searching for wrecked datsuns over the area with not much luck. Do you happen to know the spring rate or an aftermarket brand that I could buy them from?

If you make some careful measurements of one of your rear springs I can work out the spring rate. I need the number of full, and any remainder of coils not touching each other or their mounting points. The exact thickness of the wire. The diameter of the coil... outside to outside is fine.

The one below looks like   7 1/2 coils

252512_L1600_c3ff0c6e-0f73-480f-9ed4-f1c

10 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

If you make some careful measurements of one of your rear springs I can work out the spring rate. I need the number of full, and any remainder of coils not touching each other or their mounting points. The exact thickness of the wire. The diameter of the coil... outside to outside is fine.

The one below looks like   7 1/2 coils

252512_L1600_c3ff0c6e-0f73-480f-9ed4-f1c

I'll try and get those measurements as soon as possible. I was reading this article and I was wondering if I could just use those 280sx springs? The article also mentions Rockauto coil springs. I'm looking for a much higher ride and comfortable ride so not interested in matching the old springs at all.