How low with blocks in the rear?

ThatRandomeGuy

I just got my c notches installed and currently have 3” blocks in the back. My question is how low can I get with blocks without causing too many problems? I’m already getting some noise from the driveshaft (carrier bearing?) just looking to see how low I can get before I get the chance to start bagging my truck. My next purchases will probably be a fuel cell for the bed just to look cleaner that the gas tank and a custom exhaust by a shop as to not hang so low. These are the two main things I can think of stopping me from getting too much lower on the truck. 

also, on the mobile site I can’t find my notifications, has something changed that I’m not aware of? As always thanks in advance guys, hope to hear back soon, I’ll try to get photos loaded to my Imgur while I’m in town.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

problem with bagging the truck is you will still need the blocks. i am running four inches in the rear and the bag sits on top of the diff to the frame in order to get low with the bags they blocks will need to keep the gap small when your aired out. with four inch blocks.... its tight down there from the bottom of the leaf spring to the floor its about 2 inches... maybe. but its also still sitff so if you want to go lower you will need to take a leaf out or go 5 inches... or somehow incorporate weight to the back of the truck along with cutting the bump stop... but you said you notched it so you should be alright

Blocks are never a problem until it's too late... or until you need to adjust your rear brakes (also, these trucks need angled blocks or an angled shim to keep the driveline from sounding like the carrier bearing is going bad).

Edited by Justin
  • Like 2