Will this ICM work in my '85

Mfosmo

I have an 85, with a z24. I need to replace the Ignition Control Module, my truck has the 4 pin module. Other forums say the part number for this icm is LX555. 

I have found an ICM online for only $30. (Link at the bottom) This would be a steal compared to others priced $200-300. 

The part number matches but it only shows a pic of the back of the module. so I can't tell how many pins it has. 

I feel like this is going to fall into the category: "if it sounds to good to be true it probably is" but I would be mad at myself if I didn't try. 

Any chance you guys can tell me if this will work for me.

https://amfindustrialusa.com/i-30502283-new-ignition-module-for-nissan-200-sx-720-stanza-82-86-lx555.html?gclid=CjwKCAjwpKCDBhBPEiwAFgBzj8e3cdKA-zx5Gk_pUQIMxT9LQEF2MB9xtwIPXORg1lyWZHRQLsff_xoCalUQAvD_BwE

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe I bought one of these a few years ago, and worked out just fine.  Can't recall the part number.  Do recall, it was a lx555 or lx556.  Some of them are repackaged Hitachi's, which is what came with Nissan's back in '85.

Googling the part number, the pics I found were 4 wire for the lx555

I'd definitely buy it.  You can go to the junkyard, don't know the situation near Seattle, here in SoCal, that kind of stuff is never on the truck by the time one gets to the junkyard, unless you are one of the 1st there.

Here in SoCal, there has been very few 720's in the local Pick-Your-Part's, a couple in January, then two ST's just showed up in the past few days.  Might be a couple more months before more show around here.

• Like 1