Fuel filter? 1984

Crb

Sorry for not working harder to figure this out myself, but 

I think the thing further away in the picture is my fuel filter, for which I bought a replacement that looks nothing like it (took a picture and it won't upload but it's white plastic and the ports are right next to each other).

Can anyone verify if the part I think is a fuel filter actually is, whether I can replace it with this weird plastic one, and what the thing in the front of the picture is (which is leaking)?

Please and thank you, I'm tryna get this thing running immediately after neglecting it throughout all of covid and somehow breaking my other vehicle.

IMG_20210331_153308789.jpg

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can probably use the new filter with the inlet and outlet close together. Get a longer fuel line that will allow this change in filters. Also arrange it so it isn't kinked and make sure the gear clamp isn't cutting into the hose.

The thing on the left of the pump is also an inline filter. If a new hose and proper clamp does not fix the leak throw that metal fuel filter away, get a proper barbed fitting that fits the pump and connect the fuel line to it. With a hose clamp.

propane-391844-large.jpg

• Like 1