85 nissan 720 No brake lights or turn signals

Rickey

In my 85 Nissan 720 the brake lights wont work and I'm not getting any power to the bulbs in the rear but my brake switch is working. the 4 way flashers work but the turn signals don't. I can manually push the turn signal switch to the right and it stay on constant but it doesn't flash and when I turn it to the left it doesn't do anything. I checked all fuses and there good along with the round cylinder flasher things under the dash I only saw 2 of them and one is smaller than the other. Any help will be greatly appreciated.🙂

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so my wipers don't work but they turn on the blower motor. And the normal blower motor controls won't work either. I believe the person that had this truck before me wired in the radio wrong and messed something up. But I don't know so I'm still looking for some help on what i should do.

Try turning the turn signal on and the ignition. Now slowly push the 4 way switch towards on, just slightly and stop when the turn signal begins to flash. See if that gets both sides working.

You turn the wipers on and the heater fan comes on????? The wiper switch sends power to the wipers to work them. The heater fan has power and you select a ground to turn the fan on. I can't see how sending power to something already powered will do anything. I suspect there are melted wires involved here.