210 Radiators

Hello! I recently bought a 1979 datsun 210 and after flushing the coolant system I realized that it was in much worse shape than I expected. I'm most likely going to pass on getting the radiator rebuilt and instead buy a new one. My only problem is that I cannot seem to find one that will fit my car. Does anyone know of any places where I can order a performance radiator for an a14 engine? I am located in SOCAL and have no good connections to get one custom built. I've been told that the 210s are a huge hit in Australia and I am willing to ship from anywhere if that is what it takes. 

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I would change name of thread to include 210 ,, that way 210 guys might respond..  That model is very popular in USA also.

Lots of 210 knowledgeable guys on here ,, should get you headed in right direction.   But they have to see it to help .  

• Like 1
  • Lucas Grey changed the title to 210 Radiators
12 hours ago, Draker said:

You could probably have 3 made in the states for what it would cost to ship from Australia. Check out datsun1200.com for info

https://www.redlineperformance.co.nz/product/datsun-1200-radiator-alloy/

would something like this work on a b310? Im guessing it would require a little fabrication. 

1 minute ago, Lucas Grey said:

https://www.redlineperformance.co.nz/product/datsun-1200-radiator-alloy/

would something like this work on a b310? Im guessing it would require a little fabrication. 

It likely would, but you'd need to call to confirm the mounting bolt locations. It's probably a smidge smaller since it's for a12, but offset by the fact that it's aluminum I'd guess it would work just fine.

The three core sold for the B110 and B210 will also fit your 210 and works extremely well (I actually ran a large 210 rad in my car for years). Runs about $127 or so off ebay.

I bought mine from this exact vendor about 2 years ago and it has worked great, if anything runs a bit too cold at times and that is without a shroud.

Most of the bolt holes line up exactly although I did have to widen one or two a little to get them perfect. That might vary for one side depending on how your 210 is setup, I found an old license plate made an excellent block for the opening. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-core-aluminum-radiator-for-DATSUN-1200-1-2L-Manual-/112058283038?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5337839255&customid=&toolid=10001

20180728_164022.jpg

20180728_171004.jpg

20180728_150547.jpg

Edited by Dguy210
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Draker said:

I think I have a stock 210 radiator in my 1200. It’s working fine. I don’t know for sure. it’s a bit bigger than a 1200 radiator that’s all I know.

That brass one in the pic is an auto 210 radiator even had a transmission cooler, the auto 210 rads are really an oversized radiator all around. I know a few guys run them stock on the KA24 swaps without an issue. The 74 B210 used a 1200 radiator size wise but had the space for a larger one, the license plate blocks up the sheet metal punchout I cut out 20 years ago or so when I installed that 210 radiator from the PnP. I only changed it as it kept leaking from the top seam and I was getting tired of fixing it. I've kept it with the intention of fixing brazing it myself for the hell of it but that new rad has been just great so haven't gotten around to it.

A 210 radiator into my 1200 was always one of my first upgrades (I've owned several 1200s) due to the much larger size.

This radiator I posted from the exact seller has been excellent even on very long drives in hot temperatures. Never had any issue with it at all except that it tends to cool too much if anything.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Dguy210 said:

The three core sold for the B110 and B210 will also fit your 210 and works extremely well (I actually ran a large 210 rad in my car for years). Runs about $127 or so off ebay.

I bought mine from this exact vendor about 2 years ago and it has worked great, if anything runs a bit too cold at times and that is without a shroud.

Most of the bolt holes line up exactly although I did have to widen one or two a little to get them perfect. That might vary for one side depending on how your 210 is setup, I found an old license plate made an excellent block for the opening. 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-core-aluminum-radiator-for-DATSUN-1200-1-2L-Manual-/112058283038?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=711-53200-19255-0&campid=5337839255&customid=&toolid=10001

20180728_164022.jpg

20180728_171004.jpg

20180728_150547.jpg

will the stock shroud fit with the new radiator? I'm guessing I might have to do a little fabrication to get it to fit. 

3 hours ago, Lucas Grey said:

will the stock shroud fit with the new radiator? I'm guessing I might have to do a little fabrication to get it to fit. 

No. You could make one if desired but it is not needed. 

• Like 1

There are no aftermarket 210 radiators. If you want another one of what you've got, take it to a radiator shop and have them recore/rebuild it. Or have a custom one made. It'll be $350-500 either way but worth it if you have the shroud and want that oem look.