Replaced head gasket immediately water in oil

Jbone32

Get (or rent) a pressure tester that screws on the rad cap. Drain the coolant so engine is full of air. If no leaks internally the pressure will remain constant over time. If there is a leak the pressure will drop. If external you will maybe hear the air getting out.

Something like this....

https://www.harborfreight.com/automotive/auto-maintenance-repair/compression-pressure-testers.html

63862_I.jpg

Too much time farting around on this trying stuff. This will tell you if good then you can start driving it around and changing the oil to get all the water out.

Sell a unknown possibly faulty engine to someone??? What if it's fine? you just gave it away.

• Like 1
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Stop fucking around. Pressure test. You have a leak or you don't. The intake runners had water in them before so nothing's changed. Intake runners have nothing to do with oil at all.

From your description I think you put the gaskets on correctly. If you didn't find any warp on the head the gasket will seal same with the timing cover and manifolds.

IF there even is a leak, it's inside where you can't get to it.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Stop fucking around. Pressure test. You have a leak or you don't. The intake runners had water in them before so nothing's changed. Intake runners have nothing to do with oil at all.

From your description I think you put the gaskets on correctly. If you didn't find any warp on the head the gasket will seal same with the timing cover and manifolds.

IF there even is a leak, it's inside where you can't get to it.

Cool so hey quick question when i pressure test it and it leaks which im sure it will how would i tell where it is and if its bot the head gasket?..can it be tested some way after i pull the head off?..thanks again