DatzenMike Oil Pump Identification Revisited

frankendat

Reviewing the thread posted above, to evaluate a K24E oil pump, I am in need of clarification. If the top edge extends above the lip of the "pear" hole on the pump, then it is the higher volume pump, correct? Pasted below is the pump in question. To double down make certain, the interior cylinder of a KA24E is larger (again see DatzenMike's thread above) Has anyone measured the cylinder?

oil pump.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you, I looked at the pictures in the attached thread and....am....fairly certain, that I have a KA24E oil pump (it was labeled as such where I bought it. The rotor vanes on my pump extend above the lip of the pear shaped opening.  I am just looking for clarification, before time to get a refund expires.

Only the turbo automatics. Get the D21 Hardbody KA24E or KA24DE oil pumps. That's all they had were high volume.

The '89-'90 S13 (240sx) KA24Es also had them but not the KA24DEs. (they had an internal oil pump)

4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Yes that is the high volume pump. The internal rotors a longer rather than larger.

7jkQ4Im.jpg

I don't have the length but the KA are 13% longer.

sBzw2v1.jpg

Thank you DatzenMike!!!!

It was advertised as a KA24E pump, I wasn't sure the rotor went up high enough. Good News!