New Project - 86 ST

620z

11 hours, 3 states, 1 tire and a uhaul trailer later and my new project is finally home. Over all the new truck is in very good shape. Almost completely rust free. Everything is stock except for the engine swap. It now has a ka24 from a 98 Frontier. Guess he didn't want to bother with the wiring harness so he changed it over to carb. I have the intake and wiring harness that goes with it to bring it back to injected.

20210319_182126.jpg

20210319_182150.jpg

20210319_182251.jpg

20210319_182257.jpg

Edited by 620z
Clarification
  • Like 2
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, KELMO said:

Nice score.

Not 100%, but I think those may be Frontier wheels also. Don't recall seeing those on 720's

Yes, you are correct that the wheels are not the factory ST wheels and in fact from a Frontier. I was talking about the body, interior and suspension. 

Edited by 620z
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, 620z said:

Yes, you are correct that the wheels are not the factory ST wheels and in fact from a Frontier. I was talking about the body, interior and suspension. 

I should have put the word "sure" after the "100%"😉

The tag Mike is talking about will probably say it came originally with a Z24I engine. Which was throttle body injection.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Leave it carbureted. Check the choke comes on when starting.

There should be an engine tag on the inner right fender below the hood hinge. Post a picture of it to see what exactly was in this originally

Ok, so I couldn't find the plate but the alleged original engine is in the back of the truck. 

20210321_111805.jpg

Edited by 620z
  • Like 1