DIY steering wheels

How are you "sandwiching" the two pieces together to fit around the steel ? Are you routing a groove into the inner halves to fit around the metal ? 

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 hours ago, john510 said:

How are you "sandwiching" the two pieces together to fit around the steel ? Are you routing a groove into the inner halves to fit around the metal ? 

Yes sir. On my circle cutting jig there are three "settings". One for the groove, one for the inner edge, and one for the outer edge. You can see the groove in this photo.

wheel8.jpg.82741c15f128d559d7f7f417badcd4c1.jpg

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Racer X 69 said:

What is the image from on the spokes? It reminds me of the finish on some freestyle snow skis and snowboards.

Did you mean the lady on the lower spoke? 

5 hours ago, datsunfreak said:

Did you mean the lady on the lower spoke? 

No, I meant the whole graphic. Is it something you created in Photoshop, then printed?

29 minutes ago, Racer X 69 said:

No, I meant the whole graphic. Is it something you created in Photoshop, then printed?

No sir, I have a bit of a sticker collecting addiction. I probably currently have around 300-400 of them. I just went through them and picked out things I liked/wanted for this. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Racer X 69 said:

FYI, you can also buy "sticker bomb" vinyl to wrap things with as well...

JDM-PREMIUM-STICKER-BOMB-VS-VINYL-WRAP-R

• Like 1

That is so crazy.  If you recall, we were discussing this at lunch today.  I was just now coming in to ask if that was individual stickers or the sticker bomb wrap you mentioned.  Asked and answered.  Thanks.