HID lights give me a headache (because the "light spectrum" projected can't be properly processed by human, mammal eyes[rant]).

21 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Again, these could be older reflector lamps designed for filament bulbs converted to HID that spray light everywhere indiscriminately. Also HID projectors are aimed with a horizontal 'fence' that cut's off light above the horizontal. Coming over a rise and bumps can place you lower or bounce the beam higher as you approach them. On a horizontal road as you get closer you are higher and higher in the shadow zone. I hear you on the blinding brightness though. If you haven't, try driving an HID set up and I think you will agree that the effect is like driving with better than high beams when on low beams with everything above horizontal in darkness. If you are a confident and competent night driver you'll be even more impressed in how much more you can see down the road in the dark.

I'm talking about brand new vehicles.The Chevy trucks in particular are pretty bad,BMW's also.

• Like 2
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

This thread pops into my mind every time I get blinded by some idiot.  Then I have something decent happen like a large truck cutting his lights off in the drivethru behind me to keep me from getting blinded.  I want to believe there is hope.

If it would not look so fucking stupid and be morally stupid, I would put a light bar on the rear of every vehicle to return the blind for the ones behind me.  I do not cut my brights off for folks who do not or have improperly aimed lights.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...