521 brake hoses

Here we go again,  this time front brake hoses.   Again, i've done numerous searches and can't find the right brake hoses for the front.  I find all sorts of hoses that indicate they are for the front of a 521 but none have the correct banjo fitting that attaches to the wheel cylinder. 

It had been a while since i had taken the fronts apart so i bought hoses I thought would fit and started installing them and saw there would be no place to bleed the brakes.  Found my old wheel cylinders and hoses and discovered the fitting attached to the wheel cylinder is some funky looking banjo fitting with the bleed screw attached bolt that holds it to wheel cylinder.   I searched thru hoses at my local parts dealer and came up with a hose with a banjo end that appeared to maybe work but it would require stacking three copper seals to get the distance required for the brake fluid holes to line up. 

So, does anyone know where to get the correct banjo end brake hoses OR what have you done to come up with a workable alternative.

Thanks as always

DH

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn’t the “banjo” bracket bolt directly to the back of the front wheel cylinder, and then the hose just threads into the side of it using an inverted flare fitting? That’s what I remember, and also what car parts manual shows. 

Can you post pictures of your current setup?

• Like 1

on this truck there is the banjo fitting at the end of the brake hose, a hollow bolt to carry brake fluid hat fits thru the banjo and threads into the wheel cylinder.  the bolt has an open end where the bleeder screw  fits.  a sort of mdcf of a setup but it apparently worked except for the part where parts are nla.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, debbheff@gmail.com said:

As it turns out, i looked at the end of the banjo fitting and sure enough the end of the hose had a hex end that appeared to be removable.  after application of freeall and heat the hose end detached from the banjo end.  looks like those hoses indicated to fit the 521 do actually work.  

thanks again

DH

I just saw your post in the classifieds about being hesitant to post in here.  Guess that feeling has passed huh?  lol

• Like 1