Ford 9” Idea Kicking around

You have due process before the crushing.  There’s a judicial review and a 30 day hold. US civil forfeiture laws for criminal violations just require you violate a criminal code WITH a piece of property or that you purchase an item of property with proceeds of criminal activity.

The case law which permits civil seizure is the same which allows law enforcement to seize a firearm used to commit a murder.  If you commit a CRIME with ANY piece of property, it can be quickly seized and destroyed or sold by the US Gov.

The threshold for committing the crime is that you have a vehicle that which was certified by the EPA as having met the year, make, model requirements established by the EPA, which fails to maintain that standard. If you posses, modify, instruct in the modification of, or allow your “smog” equipment to cease proper operation, you’ve committed a federal crime.

The federal criminal code is more than 40,000 pages describing this.  I read the pages pertaining to the seizure, crushing, and extreme fines back in 2011.  It read like a maze. At that time it would reference addendums that didn’t exist, contradict itself, and be maddeningly broad. It’s been revised since then, but the EPA is only enforcing and interpreting it as they see fit.

This has been increasing in restriction since this Criminal Code was enacted in 1970.  We’ve had Democrats & Republicans in charge since then. They both suck.  Any car manufactured  after 1970.  The restrictions were very hit and miss by manufacturers until the OBD systems came out. 

I’d encourage anyone to look into this. Here’s a video that discusses part of this topic.  It includes actual video from Congress talking to the EPA.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been hearing drips and drabs of this for awhile now, I think it's important enough to warrant its own topic.

Everyone seems to think "oh they wont really do that its just fear mongering"

The off road community is exactly the same way and now the Coastal Commission just voted unanimously to ban off roading at Pismo Beach in 3 years and hardly a peep from individuals. It would already be a done deal except for organizations like CORVA, so yes I see it coming.

Edited by Ooph!
grammer
58 minutes ago, Ooph! said:

I've been hearing drips and drabs of this for awhile now, I think it's important enough to warrant its own topic.

Everyone seems to think "oh they wont really do that its just fear mongering"

The off road community is exactly the same way and now the Coastal Commission just voted unanimously to ban off roading at Pismo Beach in 3 years and hardly a peep from individuals. It would already be a done deal except for organizations like CORVA, so yes I see it coming.

They said it was causing too much particulates (dust), then covid hit and shut it down. Guess what? More particulates than normal during the shut down!

• Like 1