New owner intro, need tips!

Slidewaysdaily

Hello fellow enthusiasts, been a lurker for a while and I can proudly say I have joined the fold last week with a purchase of a 74' 620! I haven't done a complete run through of her since I've been buryed with snow but I do know she's a 5 speed L18. She came with plenty of work already done however she far from where I want her. Here's a list of my goals with this project and what I'll be picking yalls brains about! She's going to be part time cruiser/ part time drifter. I've put a few things sideways but now I finally have my project.

Ball joint conversion

Rear-end strengthening

Coilovers/or bags?

Roll cage

Efi while I save for a decent swap,

Making her look pretty 

Pictures to come, as always thanks! 

• Like 2
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in Arvada, have some misc 620 parts!  We build full custom roll cages in house for lots of vintage road race, including the Z cars, but everything I've read about installing a cage in a STANDARD CAB mini truck is the gross lack of room to build a proper cage, most of the problem is fitting in the whatever seating you choose.  If a King Cab, you will have a little more room, but still a task to squeeze it all in!  PM me!

Yup, this was one hell of a SNOW storm!! 😣 😎 

TJ

• Like 2

If you’re planning on drifting it, you’ll want to go coils. How good are you with a welder?

The only 620 drifter I’m familiar with was Chad’s. It was covered by Motor Mavens. To my knowledge most of this is custom work. 

https://motormavens.com/center-stage-datsun-620-warmachine-pickup-sr20de/

C924FCA7-C6C5-42C7-8C25-D1690CA0610D.jpeg

4F497C53-3E4E-46A0-9CF3-2470B3B7E4CE.jpeg

• Like 2
On 3/16/2021 at 11:03 AM, yenpit said:

I'm in Arvada, have some misc 620 parts!  We build full custom roll cages in house for lots of vintage road race, including the Z cars, but everything I've read about installing a cage in a STANDARD CAB mini truck is the gross lack of room to build a proper cage, most of the problem is fitting in the whatever seating you choose.  If a King Cab, you will have a little more room, but still a task to squeeze it all in!  PM me!

Yup, this was one hell of a SNOW storm!! 😣 😎 

TJ

Indeed! I'm also in arvada, glad to see a fellow enthusiast in my neck of the woods! I will definitely like to look into whatever parts you have laying around your willing to sell to me. I appreciate the info on the cage, I was thinking about the feasibility of it being that I'm about 6 ft and close to feeling cramped. My first priority Is at least the ball joint conversion from the kingpins since that's already going to take some time.