Bench seat options in a 720? ("bench-seat blues")

Justin

I have a standard cab 2wd 720 I'm fooling around with.

The PO had a bit of a fender-bender and replaced parts with those from a 4x4 of the same color.

(same color, but different graphics, 🙄)

Not sure why he swapped in a 4x4 bench seat, but it's in there just the same.

(and I'm lacking sun visor clips, did they break all the time, or can I find other ones?)

Now I've never had to nap in any of my Datsuns, but I did have to "nap" in my Tacoma for awhile-

And cuddling up on a bench seat with my *plus sized* trusty St. Bernard doggo keeping night watch over me in a crowded city provides, strangely, the fondest of memories....

(But maybe it was the dog and not the truck? Dogs can be pretty great sometimes,)

Perhaps it's a situation that could happen again, what with things the way they are and all;

I think all of us know things can get crazy & life can change in an instant --- 

Not too mention I just plain don't care for single-seats in single-cabs,

I tried *newish* single-seats in a 620 & promptly changed them back to a STOCK ratty-ass bench seat, which I liked infinitely more, even in it's shabby, worn condition.

So have we figured out an upgrade bench seat yet, or will I need to "try new things" with a tape measure?

(^^"that's what she said,"^^)

Or maybe just laziness and a stock bench would be the way to go, with a "mexi-blanket" seat cover to hide my shame of doing what's been done so many times before,

What should I try? Van seats? A full-size bench cut-down (I can weld)?

Everything???

lol Should I try everything???

(that might take awhile,)

??????????????????????????????

*Bench seat blues*

thnx guys

• Like 1
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Justin said:

(and I'm lacking sun visor clips, did they break all the time, or can I find other ones?)

I have three 720s at the house and I think I only have one unbroken sun visor clip that is on the 4x4 I am working on! All the other originals are broken. If you have or know someone with a 3D printer you can print a decent replacement for them. Someone on here uploaded the design to thingiverse.

• Like 2

Beyond a d21 bench, your only newer bench options that might fit are probably SUV third row benches.  But yeah, overall you are looking at a measuring tape and a day at the junkyard to start figuring out what will work.  Since you can weld, mounting points are not as big a deal to worry about.

Edited by Lockleaf
  • Like 2