Led Replacement Bulbs for Instrument cluster

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got mine off Amazon. They match the Hitachi bulb and just push into the twist on socket. The holders I think can be different for different years Datsuns but the bulbs are the same. I think it was this one that I got for my 710... https://www.amazon.ca/TUINCYN-3030-2-SMD-Interior-Festoon-License/dp/B073XKZ9QH/ref=pd_rhf_ee_s_rp_c_2_1_5/146-2307348-9527062?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B073XKZ9QH&pd_rd_r=32fb7d0c-27cd-4e7d-917a-4b753b0500a4&pd_rd_w=Rv28T&pd_rd_wg=9mIWf&pf_rd_p=c7e66acf-8109-4e3b-8d81-cffd2de4d2a0&pf_rd_r=DXF2PYVV83KM8E1MWA7F&psc=1&refRID=DXF2PYVV83KM8E1MWA7F

I tried either way so polarity is not a problem. You can select different colors. They are brighter but have not tried, nor expect, the dimmer switch to work with them.

• Like 1

I found some while LEDs in amazon that are plug and play and love how they look. I can actually see my turn signals in day light now.  No more driving a good distance not knowing my turn signal is on. Car is too loud to hear the clicking of the signal relay.

EB3E2F47-8D16-450E-B721-66CEEA7FCCC7.png

Here’s the link to the bulbs I’m running. They press right into the original sockets.

https://www.amazon.com/Partsam-Instrument-Bright-Cluster-Dashboard/dp/B00KT1BH1Q?pd_rd_w=yq2fc&pf_rd_p=2020812b-f441-4130-ae1f-95cfbcb2c9c3&pf_rd_r=52T2HZHJHS4AHZBNBWV4&pd_rd_r=7f894aea-8b09-4eb2-bdb3-70e6ea9d4595&pd_rd_wg=MSKzE&pd_rd_i=B00KT1BH1Q&psc=1&ref_=pd_bap_m_rp_c_2_25_sc

Edited by LS_Wagon
  • Like 1

The biggest joke on Datsuns is a dimmer switch. How could anyone want or need to dim the already dim lights????? I can now read the odometer numbers at night and there was a shadowy area around 1 o'clock on the speedometer that's gone.

Does the dimmer switch work with LEDs? I expect being diodes that they don't dim.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, datzenmike said:

The biggest joke on Datsuns is a dimmer switch. How could anyone want or need to dim the already dim lights????? I can now read the odometer numbers at night and there was a shadowy area around 1 o'clock on the speedometer that's gone.

Does the dimmer switch work with LEDs? I expect being diodes that they don't dim.

There are some dimmable LEDs but the small ones we have are just off and on.

Edited by LS_Wagon

On long trips at night I can't help trying to turn the dimmer up...... only to find it's as far as it will go. Couple of hours later out of frustration I try again. It's always as far as it will go. It's the cruelest joke.