Jump to content

GF wants a 510 (so do I,) can any be found under $3000????


Recommended Posts

So, it's how it always goes:

 

-some cool car is cheap, inexpensive & easy to work on

-not enough people buy them (because most of the population is made of fools,)

-the price skyrockets for something that was once made ONLY for folks short on bread

-it becomes super rare, collectible, and expensive

 

Point in case= I've only owned datsun pickups, because they're easier to find and cheaper than 510's.

But I've always wanted a dime. Cool people know they're cool.

 

BUT, now my *best (girl) friend* wants a dime. And I'm like.... 521's are still out there to be found-

And she's like

"even a wagon would be cool!"

 

So guys, what the heck-

I can weld, I can sorta wrench; 

Where may I find a 510? It'll probably need holes & rust to be affordable, and I guess I'll have to sell some stuff to get one, but you can't even find 'em now.

And this little lady would just look great in 510 (she's petite, so it's cute!)

Link to post
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Last week I found a listing on Washington CL for an all original 510 wagon for $2500 (not mine), the posting was gone within 6 hrs.

Look and look often with money and be ready to jump.

Good luck.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post

See if you can sell some other toys and get yourself $6,000 in hand, that might get you something without too much rust.  At least I haven't seen much at 3k that was much better than a parts car.

Link to post

You're right, they aren't listed for sale.

I've got a spare 4 door, it's in Eugene Oregon. Minimal rust, but there is some. Floors are good, All glass is good, clean title. Dogleg 5 speed, camber plates, L18 which needs rebuilt. Asking $3500 locally but would sell for $3k. Pm if interested. I've been meaning to post it in the classifieds. 

 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post

I have been tempted to let this one go cause I haven't got room to store it inside. I got it from an old fella I knew and drove it to the building and it's been there it's all there except for a couple of minor pieces.

 

image.jpg

 

image.jpg

 

It's been road hard but is all there and does need some work.

 

What's missing is the small curved chrome trim at the lower bach window and the plastic cover that is above the back hatch. I passed them on the someone who needed them way back.

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1
Link to post
On 3/11/2021 at 2:22 PM, r0p0doe said:

Could always hit up the510keeper, im sure he can put one together for your budget.

if he wants to Flintstone it around.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 8:01 AM, edekalil said:

I have been tempted to let this one go cause I haven't got room to store it inside. I got it from an old fella I knew and drove it to the building and it's been there it's all there except for a couple of minor pieces.

 

image.jpg

 

image.jpg

 

It's been road hard but is all there and does need some work.

 

What's missing is the small curved chrome trim at the lower bach window and the plastic cover that is above the back hatch. I passed them on the someone who needed them way back.

Man, that girl is rough.  Got some serious work to be getting ready for woman to drive.  A guy would drive that with no questions, but a female is a whole new can of worms!

  • Like 2
Link to post
On 3/8/2021 at 11:22 AM, mrbigtanker said:

Thats 5K here in California. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

SOLD! Thank you Mr Big Tanker!

  • Like 2
Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 12:20 PM, Justin said:

So, it's how it always goes:

 

-some cool car is cheap, inexpensive & easy to work on

-not enough people buy them (because most of the population is made of fools,)

-the price skyrockets for something that was once made ONLY for folks short on bread

-it becomes super rare, collectible, and expensive

 

Point in case= I've only owned datsun pickups, because they're easier to find and cheaper than 510's.

But I've always wanted a dime. Cool people know they're cool.

 

BUT, now my *best (girl) friend* wants a dime. And I'm like.... 521's are still out there to be found-

And she's like

"even a wagon would be cool!"

 

So guys, what the heck-

I can weld, I can sorta wrench; 

Where may I find a 510? It'll probably need holes & rust to be affordable, and I guess I'll have to sell some stuff to get one, but you can't even find 'em now.

And this little lady would just look great in 510 (she's petite, so it's cute!)

Ive got a 69 wagon project possibly for sale..and wouldnt you know it, Its in nor cal already.

Edited by jbirds510
Link to post

The black one, i have the grille and fender grill trim also. L20 engine, all new hydraulics on the brakes and clutch and thats where I stopped..been sitting on the lift a couple years. My dad died and I lost my motivation.

EF663819-AD68-47F4-9082-4A2E1992EB38.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to post

Wow - two cool wagons! Drive one to Powerland and if MrBigTanker shows up we can have a good corral.

 

Ride height and wheels/tires of the orange one look perfect. Are they 15" wheels?

  • Like 2
Link to post
5 hours ago, rosso said:

Wow - two cool wagons! Drive one to Powerland and if MrBigTanker shows up we can have a good corral.

 

Ride height and wheels/tires of the orange one look perfect. Are they 15" wheels?

Thanks Rosso! sittin on T3 struts with camber plates and zx brakes. The wheels are 15x6 Western minilites. Got some libras from teddy last time I saw him and I think ill be putting those on. Not sure yet. Was saving them for the 69 but things change. You running the rims you got at the powerland swap?

Link to post

Yep, ZX 14x6 in brown. Budget does not allow for 15's yet. But will when all is up and running. I have the same front suspension as you - T3 kit on ZX struts and brakes with 2" lowering blocks in rear.

 

IMG_0731-1.jpg.649b6b16896c5d0f0d0e80b5c7bf9c1b.jpg

 

See you in a few weeks!!

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
7 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Love both wagons!!!!!!!!!!

Motivation? come on now 510s are such a simple car to work on.

 

2 days that car should be up and running 

My dad died of covid and the shop we shared for 20 years (so many memories) just makes me cry now..its going to take some time is all. The motivation issue is my shop and cars are in Sacramento Caliornia but I live in phoenix Az and Salem Oregon, so its harder to get motivated to go there knowing now what Im setting myself up for.

 

 

Link to post
On 4/20/2021 at 3:25 PM, jbirds510 said:

My dad died of covid and the shop we shared for 20 years (so many memories) just makes me cry now..its going to take some time is all. The motivation issue is my shop and cars are in Sacramento Caliornia but I live in phoenix Az and Salem Oregon, so its harder to get motivated to go there knowing now what Im setting myself up for.

 

 

Sorry about your farther. But those Goons look good I wish I had a straight one.

  • Like 1
Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.