GF wants a 510 (so do I,) can any be found under $3000????

Justin

So, it's how it always goes:

-some cool car is cheap, inexpensive & easy to work on

-not enough people buy them (because most of the population is made of fools,)

-the price skyrockets for something that was once made ONLY for folks short on bread

-it becomes super rare, collectible, and expensive

Point in case= I've only owned datsun pickups, because they're easier to find and cheaper than 510's.

But I've always wanted a dime. Cool people know they're cool.

BUT, now my *best (girl) friend* wants a dime. And I'm like.... 521's are still out there to be found-

And she's like

"even a wagon would be cool!"

So guys, what the heck-

I can weld, I can sorta wrench; 

Where may I find a 510? It'll probably need holes & rust to be affordable, and I guess I'll have to sell some stuff to get one, but you can't even find 'em now.

And this little lady would just look great in 510 (she's petite, so it's cute!)

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You're right, they aren't listed for sale.

I've got a spare 4 door, it's in Eugene Oregon. Minimal rust, but there is some. Floors are good, All glass is good, clean title. Dogleg 5 speed, camber plates, L18 which needs rebuilt. Asking $3500 locally but would sell for $3k. Pm if interested. I've been meaning to post it in the classifieds. 

• Like 4

I have been tempted to let this one go cause I haven't got room to store it inside. I got it from an old fella I knew and drove it to the building and it's been there it's all there except for a couple of minor pieces.

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's been road hard but is all there and does need some work.

What's missing is the small curved chrome trim at the lower bach window and the plastic cover that is above the back hatch. I passed them on the someone who needed them way back.

Edited by edekalil
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/7/2021 at 8:01 AM, edekalil said:

I have been tempted to let this one go cause I haven't got room to store it inside. I got it from an old fella I knew and drove it to the building and it's been there it's all there except for a couple of minor pieces.

image.jpg

image.jpg

It's been road hard but is all there and does need some work.

What's missing is the small curved chrome trim at the lower bach window and the plastic cover that is above the back hatch. I passed them on the someone who needed them way back.

Man, that girl is rough.  Got some serious work to be getting ready for woman to drive.  A guy would drive that with no questions, but a female is a whole new can of worms!

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/2/2021 at 12:20 PM, Justin said:

So, it's how it always goes:

-some cool car is cheap, inexpensive & easy to work on

-not enough people buy them (because most of the population is made of fools,)

-the price skyrockets for something that was once made ONLY for folks short on bread

-it becomes super rare, collectible, and expensive

Point in case= I've only owned datsun pickups, because they're easier to find and cheaper than 510's.

But I've always wanted a dime. Cool people know they're cool.

BUT, now my *best (girl) friend* wants a dime. And I'm like.... 521's are still out there to be found-

And she's like

"even a wagon would be cool!"

So guys, what the heck-

I can weld, I can sorta wrench; 

Where may I find a 510? It'll probably need holes & rust to be affordable, and I guess I'll have to sell some stuff to get one, but you can't even find 'em now.

And this little lady would just look great in 510 (she's petite, so it's cute!)

Ive got a 69 wagon project possibly for sale..and wouldnt you know it, Its in nor cal already.

Edited by jbirds510
5 hours ago, rosso said:

Wow - two cool wagons! Drive one to Powerland and if MrBigTanker shows up we can have a good corral.

Ride height and wheels/tires of the orange one look perfect. Are they 15" wheels?

Thanks Rosso! sittin on T3 struts with camber plates and zx brakes. The wheels are 15x6 Western minilites. Got some libras from teddy last time I saw him and I think ill be putting those on. Not sure yet. Was saving them for the 69 but things change. You running the rims you got at the powerland swap?

Yep, ZX 14x6 in brown. Budget does not allow for 15's yet. But will when all is up and running. I have the same front suspension as you - T3 kit on ZX struts and brakes with 2" lowering blocks in rear.

IMG_0731-1.jpg.649b6b16896c5d0f0d0e80b5c7bf9c1b.jpg

See you in a few weeks!!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

Love both wagons!!!!!!!!!!

Motivation? come on now 510s are such a simple car to work on.

2 days that car should be up and running 

My dad died of covid and the shop we shared for 20 years (so many memories) just makes me cry now..its going to take some time is all. The motivation issue is my shop and cars are in Sacramento Caliornia but I live in phoenix Az and Salem Oregon, so its harder to get motivated to go there knowing now what Im setting myself up for.

On 4/20/2021 at 3:25 PM, jbirds510 said:

My dad died of covid and the shop we shared for 20 years (so many memories) just makes me cry now..its going to take some time is all. The motivation issue is my shop and cars are in Sacramento Caliornia but I live in phoenix Az and Salem Oregon, so its harder to get motivated to go there knowing now what Im setting myself up for.

Sorry about your farther. But those Goons look good I wish I had a straight one.

• Like 1