dash color

Cliff D

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, difrangia said:

I believe that dashes were body color and instrument surround panel was medium gray.

The gauge surround is really hard to paint match. It's like a pewter grey with a slight touch of metallic. But everything I've tried is either too metallic or not metalic at all. I just got a second surround from Ted H so I can experiment a little.

• Like 1

I redid the gages on our 320 several years ago and this is the result. I had an original gage surround scanned and matched and this is what I came up with:

Instruments-Back-In.jpg

This is the match that my guys found  in Martin Senyour paint.

320_Gage_Cluster_Martain_Senyour__1.jpg

• Like 2

My 65 320 is an asia pacific version (Right drive) and has what is now a dark green crackle dash finish, to contrast with the dark teal original paint colour. 

I understand that there was also a pale grey crackle finish, for the lighter colours.  1965 only for the crackle finished dash as far as I can tell...

• Like 1

I sold it about 15 years ago. I tried to track it down again, but never got anywhere with it. If any of you come across a blue NL with an A14 in it, that's probably my old one, and I'd love to see where it is or who owns it...and if it's for sale! I had dual SUs on it when I owned it, and the motor was fresh. I think the guy I sold it to shelved it so it could even be in a landfill for all I know.

• Like 2