Windscreen wiper motor arm orientation

Valvebounce

My 620 is freshly painted. I'd like to put the heater cowl panel back on. (For keeps) but dirt I need to know which way the wiper motor arm goes on. It can go on in one of two positions.

Pointing up, or pointing down.

I know from other datsuns if it's on the wrong way up the wipers wipe downwards instead of up. And I'm still a little way from being able to power it up and see which way the motor spins. 

Can someone check theres for me?  Must be plenty of fellas here with 620s in bits they can check?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My FSM shows the wiper motor arm pointing directly towards the wiper pivots which also point away from the wiper motor. No matter what direction the motor starts turning it can only pull on the pivot arm, levering the wiper arm upwards on the glass. Should be the same way R or L hand drive.

• Like 1

I had a wee play and you're right. When it's on the correct way around, it goes the correct way irrespective of the direction the motor spins.

Just gave it all a strip down and regreased all the mechanisms. Squeaky wipers totally suck.

Pic for thread*

*my truck is RHD fwiw, so the wiper motor is on the left side.

Screenshot_20210209-121041_Gallery.jpg

Edited by Valvebounce