720 World.com

datzenmike

May be closed and gone. Was a tremendous supply of info but it's been very quiet for the last year. I drop in less and less.

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that sucks, but thank you for all your help

My 85 720 KC 4 x 4 was my brothers . In 1988, he gave me a ride in it to pick up my daughter, who fad been given up for adoption , and  the first time I got to hold her was that day.

He than passed the 720 on to my dear niece Jamie as her first vehicle. Sadly she passed away last year and I took the Nissan to her memorial service. All of her girlfriends loved it and told stories of the adventures they shared w Jamie in that fun truck

My brother asked me about 10 years ago if I wanted the Nissan and of course I said yes and I used your site and your knowledge to help me get it running

It's old , slow and has a few dents , but I'd never sell it and it runs great now

Thank you again for all your help 

• Like 1

Oh, it's not my site. But I contributed some. Guy named Cory Amundsun (may be spelled wrong) of Team Tiger Racing ran it.

• Like 1

The site was supposed to be turned down at EOY, 2020.  It got extended to EOM of January 2021.

The cost didn't bother me, $5/yr, very cheap.  It was more the lack of an instant way of obtaining a subscription.  He somehow had a beef with PayPal, and stopped accepting PayPal for payment.

Ning is a fairly expensive provider.  Sounded like around $500/yr.  Too bad the site couldn't be ported to something more econimical.

• Like 1

I too, noticed the 720 world departure. I bookmark threads with information to reference again (my mind is like a sieve). I was able to find a couple of the missing bookmarked information on the way back machine, but their search functions are for shit. If needing access to a specific thread be prepared to waste an hour or two.

• Like 1

It had been slowing down dramatically for the last 5 years. I would usually have a few replies every week then hardly at all.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, 720_Jeff said:

Too bad the site couldn't be ported to something more econimical.

I'm sure it could be archived somewhere for cheap. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Draker said:

I'm sure it could be archived somewhere for cheap. 

Perhaps.  According to Cory, think he posted on FB, Ning his service provider no longer has a backup/export function.  I looked around and didn't find anything promising.

Seems, Ning is holding its customers/communities hostage 😞

• Like 1