720 World.com

datzenmike

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

that sucks, but thank you for all your help

My 85 720 KC 4 x 4 was my brothers . In 1988, he gave me a ride in it to pick up my daughter, who fad been given up for adoption , and  the first time I got to hold her was that day.

He than passed the 720 on to my dear niece Jamie as her first vehicle. Sadly she passed away last year and I took the Nissan to her memorial service. All of her girlfriends loved it and told stories of the adventures they shared w Jamie in that fun truck

My brother asked me about 10 years ago if I wanted the Nissan and of course I said yes and I used your site and your knowledge to help me get it running

It's old , slow and has a few dents , but I'd never sell it and it runs great now

Thank you again for all your help 

• Like 1

The site was supposed to be turned down at EOY, 2020.  It got extended to EOM of January 2021.

The cost didn't bother me, $5/yr, very cheap.  It was more the lack of an instant way of obtaining a subscription.  He somehow had a beef with PayPal, and stopped accepting PayPal for payment.

Ning is a fairly expensive provider.  Sounded like around $500/yr.  Too bad the site couldn't be ported to something more economical.

Edited by 720_Jeff
  • Like 1

I too, noticed the 720 world departure. I bookmark threads with information to reference again (my mind is like a sieve). I was able to find a couple of the missing bookmarked information on the way back machine, but their search functions are for shit. If needing access to a specific thread be prepared to waste an hour or two.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Draker said:

I'm sure it could be archived somewhere for cheap. 

Perhaps.  According to Cory, think he posted on FB, Ning his service provider no longer has a backup/export function.  I looked around and didn't find anything promising.

Seems, Ning is holding its customers/communities hostage 😞

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...

Hello everyone ive had a 85 nissan 7204x4 for 2yrs now i love the 4 wheel drive of it . But ive only drove this truck for about 6 months out of the 2 yrs ive had it.. its hard to work on. im asking where is the crank positioning sensor located can any body tell me before i  give up and send this truck to the scrap yard no one should have this much trouble with a truck

If it’s an ‘85, it doesn’t have a crank position sensor. What problem are you having? These trucks are very easy to work on. Explain what’s going on. There’s a ton of knowledge here. I’ve personally messed with these trucks for over 20 years, but I have learned a lot, about these trucks, from the people here.

There was a Z24i option with throttle body fuel injection. It did have a CAS. (crank angle sensor) It was available April '85 and on build dates. It's not clear if carburetors stopped being used then.

The CAS is under the distributor cap and rotor.

Does the air filter have Electro Injection on it and two wing nuts to hold it on?