521/620 seat swap

debbheff@gmail.com

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the 620 upper seat back CORNERS are wider than the 521, thus the seat will not slide all the way back, it will hit the "swiggle" of the 521 B pillar on both sides.  I just took a 720 seat, cut 3 inches out of the center of the top tube, pie cut the upper corners & lower tubes, drew the sides together in the center (thus spreading the pie cuts open a l'il), re-welded it all together & had custom upholstery done.  I have NOT installed yet, but by narrowing the upper seat back, I'm hoping it will fit in between the B pillar & slide all the way back!

TJ

• Like 1

I discovered that when i tried to fit the the 620 seat to the 521.  no real problem with the mounts but the upper seat back hit the "b" billar.  My fix was to take the grinder with a cutoff wheel and reduce the section of the upper corner.  Pull the seatcover material over the corner and hog ring it back and it works.  since this is not a stressed area of the vehicle i decided the section reduction woudln't be a problem.   Still need to get it covered or get a good seat cover, not sure which way it will go.

I had a d21 seat but it was going to take way too many mods to make it fit,  the biggest problem with the d21 was the seating position the d21 is much wider than the 521 so the seat bottom moves the seat bottom toward the door.   d21 not a go for the 521, may no even work in the 620.

• Like 1