Murano and Rogue

My wife is wanting a new, used, car.  She thinks that she wants a SUV...I'm thinking a cross-over SUV.

She wants it to be about a 2010 and have less than 100K on it.

We've found Muranos and Rogues in our price-range.  But, I don't know much about them.  

The Murano comes w/a 3.5 V6.  It is supposed to be a good motor...is it?
What about the transmissions?
The AWD system?

The Rogue comes w/a 2.5 4 cyl.  Good motor?
Good trans?
The AWD system?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hop in a lot of them that have clapped out transmissions.  I am fearful of buying one to resell.  With that being said, if I get a chance to drive one, drive it hard, get it as hot as possible and it does not slip an skip, I would roll the dice.  I can apply that statement to any of the cars I buy of course.  But when it comes to buying a automatic nissan without a drive, I turn tail and run.

I would assume with your wifes parameters you will be buying from a used car dealer or the used car side of a franchise.  Any franchise with a brain wont sell pure junk because they dont want the bad rep.

I am not hating on nissan.  There are other makes that have terrible reps as well.  But I am terrified of jatco cvt transmissions.

• Like 1