720 Z24 STARTER.

720maniac

Hello Guys,

I'm struggling with my truck starter and here in mexico I dont't have plenty of options for adquiring a new one. The starter I've just pulled out has a 9 teeth bendix on it, on the other hand, the new one I can get in autozone has a 8 teeth bendix, the question here is, could be a problem if I mount the 8 teeth one instead of the damaged 9 teeth I have?

Thanks everybody for your answers.

Regards,

• Like 1
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You need a good fully charged battery

You need good condition battery cables with clean posts and clamps. Negative must be clean and tight on the intake. Positive clean and tight on the solenoid. To work at full power the starter needs all the power it can get from the battery.

Starter must be tightly bolted down as it grounds through the case.

If all the above requirements are met... what is the problem?

• Like 1

Keep the receipt. I have no faith in after market crap that are either cheaply made 're-pops' or cheaply made re-builds. If I may ask... what did you pay for it? You don't have to answer. I'm just curious. I'm sure a dealer one is over $200.

• Like 1
On 2/10/2021 at 11:39 AM, datzenmike said:

Keep the receipt. I have no faith in after market crap that are either cheaply made 're-pops' or cheaply made re-builds. If I may ask... what did you pay for it? You don't have to answer. I'm just curious. I'm sure a dealer one is over $200.

Looks like dealer retail pricing, if actually available is 235.  Can be had on NissanPartsDeal for 173 plus shipping.

• Like 1

The $60 Auto Zone starter has a life time guarantee so when it fucks up you have to eat taxi ride in to get the 'free' one and then lay in the rain and mud to put it in all the while thankful that the truck wasn't stripped overnight and those gangstas down the street won't smell blood in the water and come over and rob you. Some people are actually on their third 'free' starter.

• Like 1