720 4x4 fr lower control arm bushings?

Beedunkin710

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You imply you want the 4x4 so change your profile to '85 Nissan 4x4 720. It'll save asking questions and confusion on something else later.  

You want the bushing that connects the lower control arm to the frame at the torsion bar???? Also called the 'lower link'?? All years 720 and both sides, 2 and 4 wd are the same bushing 54423-B9500

Only other thing is the tension rod bushings. The tension rod is to the rear of the lower control arm and ties it to the frame. Jan '83 and up 54476-01W00  This is also used on the December '81 and up 2wd. I think you need 2 per side

• Like 1

If you are doing the lower link bushing, plan on it being a full day to replace both and there isa very high chance you will need to replace at least one of the bolts that pass through those bushings, if not both. I've done multiple trucks and had to cut at least one of those bolts off every time.

• Like 1

Yes those lca a bushings are a major PIA. This has been covered before so search past posts. I ended up using a homemade tool with hardened all thread it is here somewhere. I now have a heavy duty balljoint seperator tool that I believe could have been used if you don't want to make your own but plan on tons of heartache. Also I used a brake hone to clean the inside of the tubes before pressing the new bushings in. Good luck! I forgot one tip. When you are ready for final assembly put the bushings in the freezer for a couple of hours and gently heat the tubes before assembling makes life slightly better.

Edited by bottomwatcher
Misspelling
  • Like 1

Bottom watcher reminded me of something.  I did my first truck with stock style bushings and install sucked almost as much as removal.  So after that i installed poly bushings, which are split and install from both sides.  Little noisier, little bouncier, but so worth it for the install.

However if you want to go stock, you can take apart a screw style floor jack and take the thread and nut to build a cheap tool.  That is acme thread, designed for high loads.

• Like 1
  • 2 years later...

Which one do you need?RH or LH. RH is 54499-50W01.LH is 55500-50W01.I will help look.These are for 4x4.They were 142.76 each when they had them in stock.Nengun from over seas has them,They are Genuine Nissan parts.They want 208.00 each,plus shipping which is high.I have bought from this company.They are good.I bought new Nissan door hinges from them and other parts.They ship fast too.I will keep looking.If I need them,I would buy them.Just me.

Edited by Thomas Perkins