1966 520 emblem and grille question?

Bigliquid530

Hey everyone, i was wondering what is the proper front emblem for a 1966 520? I have been looking at pics and I see some with badges on the hood and grille, some with the letter "D" on the grille but no badge on hood, and vice a versa. Another question I have is I see some grille's on the single headlight version are black and some are polished. Are the polished ones from the 1965 version, and if so are they interchangeable? Sorry if these are dumb questions, but I was just wondering what I should look for. 

Thanks in advance

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

520s had a single D on the grill and a DATSUN emblem above it on the leading edge of the hood up to, I believe, September '67 build dates. After this time a different style  letter D only, replaced the DATSUN emblem on the front of the hood. This continued till October '68 when the truck became the L521 when the letter D on the hood changed for the last time. 

15 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

520s had a single D on the grill and a DATSUN emblem above it on the leading edge of the hood up to, I believe, September '67 build dates. After this time a different style  letter D only, replaced the DATSUN emblem on the front of the hood. This continued till October '68 when the truck became the L521 when the letter D on the hood changed for the last time. 

Would you happen to have any emblems for sale? And thank you for the info, actually helped a lot. 

To my knowledge, all US bound 520s had the chrome grill.  Some owners painted their grill to

hide damage. (The cost of chrome game a grill currently exceeds $200, not including damage repair.)

The grill badge is missing on many 1966 and 1967 520s. To my knowledge, Datsun/Nissan did not provide a production /VIN cutoff for adding the grill badge.

Keith

• Like 1
4 hours ago, zed1 said:

To my knowledge, all US bound 520s had the chrome grill.  Some owners painted their grill to

hide damage. (The cost of chrome game a grill currently exceeds $200, not including damage repair.)

The grill badge is missing on many 1966 and 1967 520s. To my knowledge, Datsun/Nissan did not provide a production /VIN cutoff for adding the grill badge.

Keith

Well thanks for the info, that also helped a lot. Hopefully I can find at least one of these badges for sale. 

• Like 1