Just bought a 1971 521 L16 and need recommendations

Danultron

Been wanting one for a very long time. Looking back I realized I joined in 2011. Finally got one and couldn't be more stoked. I am feeling a little overwhelmed though because I don't have a lot of experience working on cars and I don't want to screw this thing up. Do you think you guys can give me practical recommendations on what to upgrade and where to buy from and what to do myself/what I should go to a mechanic for? I plan to have this truck for a very long time and my budget isn't really a HUGE factor right now.

I thought maybe start with getting a weber carb?  

Also I'm located in northern California and was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for people who specifically work on datsuns or if thats just kind of lame to ask? hahaha. I honestly dont know man. heres some pictures.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/nrRNR9w

• Like 3
  • Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you can put a Weber on it.  See if Pierce Manifolds has a new Canon intake manifold and a Weber DGV 32/36 for your truck.  Pierce Manifolds is my go to source for Webers and manifolds.  They are in Gilroy California and know Datsuns.

Pierce Manifolds

DGV is manual choke and DGEV is electric choke.  I prefer the electric choke.  this just a preference fore me.

Edited by Charlie69
  • Like 1