Help with identifying the car.

Gican

I have recently stumbled upon a Datsun near my house.

To find a Datsun is a rare sight here as there was no real import of these cars.

However, I cannot identify this car and I need your help.

I am sorry guys I am having problems with inserting images

• Like 1
  • Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Welcome, you will need to make a few more posts to be able to post images. 

Looking forward to seeing your Datsun treasure. 

Oh, I did not realize that.

If you are interested I could send it to your e-mail.

😂

• Like 1
4 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Describe it in a post. Dual or single headlamps, round or square? 2 or 4 door? Emblems on front and/or rear fenders, grill or on the back... what does it say? Is it a truck or a car?

5 hours ago, ]2eDeYe said:

Well it has round head lights but has no grill or spoiler, but the headlights that are there are round.

Line of the car reminds me of 1974 610 but it has only 4 tail lights in the back and that is confusing me because I cannot find any car like it.

Two door hard top 610. I think the rear lights are custom installed. Side marker lights probably shaved off.

Look on the cowl or firewall above behind engine. There will be an engine tag riveted there with the engine type (probably L20B) size, HP, wheelbase, engine number, car number. Just to the right of it is the car number stamped into the metal. It might say KHL 610 T

Look also on the driver's door jam. It might have a tag with a build date on it.

I only have the last full production year as '76 ending in July. Australia produced them in '77 supposedly.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Two door hard top 610. I think the rear lights are custom installed. Side marker lights probably shaved off.

Look on the cowl or firewall above behind engine. There will be an engine tag riveted there with the engine type (probably L20B) size, HP, wheelbase, engine number, car number. Just to the right of it is the car number stamped into the metal. It might say KHL 610 T

Look also on the driver's door jam. It might have a tag with a build date on it.

I only have the last full production year as '76 ending in July. Australia produced them in '77 supposedly.

I am still thinking about buying it.

These cars are a rarity here in Serbia. It could also be a problem with the registration because here only stock engines are allowed.

I have found several sr20de engines, mostly from nissan primera's, are they good to be installed in this car?

I can get that engine and install it for around 600 dollars.

What do you think about the price the owner is asking for (650 dollars).

11 minutes ago, KELMO said:

Look up Bonvo on here, he has a 610 thread. Maybe compare a bit?

My .02 worth.

Always wanted one of those.

Thank you, will do.

I also think that the price is good enough, the only problem would be to invest time and money into the car and not be able to register it.

Can't be driven so how will you know the condition of the brakes including the e brake or if they work, the transmission and IRS is quiet or even works, the electrical system, steering problems. 

If only stock engines allowed why talk about SR20s? The Primera  is a FWD car so no RWD transmission and engine mounts are on the front of the block. Easier to find an L20B that will bolt up to the transmission already in it. Also shaving the marker lights off may be a no no.

Tell the seller that there are too many unknowns about the car if you can't drive it. If you really like it offer $250 and leave your phone number. Let that simmer for a while. In three weeks call him up and tell him you found another Datsun, but need a parts car and your offer stands. He probably has never had an offer and the car just sitting there. He may bite. I think '$650 is twice worth what it is in scrap metal.... which is pretty much what it is.

There are no engines like that to be found, if I am going to go through this it will not be legal to drive it.

I think that I am already pumped enough to buy it, only because I truly believe there is not another one like this in Serbia.

So there is no way to fit in FWD in this car?

don't now about the rest of the world, in the states that's a 73-74 rear bumper, same thing with the front fenders. depending on where the car is actually from it could be a 180B aka 610 in the usa. look for the model / vin # stamped into the cowl sheet metal to the right of the windshield wiper motor, 2dr hardtop body / trim parts are as rare as hens teeth. The door cards have been replaced. By the way. I party with serbs in the new era restaurant, family owned since the late 30s, house of paprikash. as they say there are serbians and those that wish they where Serbian. hot women, party animals and loyal

you guys got it!

We only got the 4 speed which was more or less the same as the earlier 510 but  80cm long rather than 66cm. Elsewhere in the world an 80cm (31.5") dogleg 5 speed was offered, I think on the SSS engine. Australia got this and actually built some of the 610s. I have the guts for one of these long doglegs but no front or rear case for it. 

NBsQkCv.jpg

Look under the car at the transmission. If it has a bolt on pan on the bottom it just the regular 4 speed.

On 18/01/2021 at 2:44 AM, docbainey said:

don't now about the rest of the world, in the states that's a 73-74 rear bumper, same thing with the front fenders. depending on where the car is actually from it could be a 180B aka 610 in the usa. look for the model / vin # stamped into the cowl sheet metal to the right of the windshield wiper motor, 2dr hardtop body / trim parts are as rare as hens teeth. The door cards have been replaced. By the way. I party with serbs in the new era restaurant, family owned since the late 30s, house of paprikash. as they say there are serbians and those that wish they where Serbian. hot women, party animals and loyal

you guys got it!

Hah, that is nice to hear that you have good experience with Serbs.

I really think that this car is unique here as there was not many import cars back in the day.

Ask them to make you sarma, you mind will be blown hah

• 2 months later...
On 1/17/2021 at 4:19 PM, datzenmike said:

If only stock engines allowed why talk about SR20s? The Primera  is a FWD car so no RWD transmission and engine mounts are on the front of the block. Easier to find an L20B that will bolt up to the transmission already in it.

FYI, the L20b was only used in North America, so this would be an L16 or L18.