valve stem seals part check

frankendat

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Those will not work the KA uses a smaller diameter valve stem.

13207-21002 pretty sure all L series seals will work.  510,  610, 710, 810/Maxima, 240/260/280z and zx, 521, 620, 80 720, S10, S10

The Z24 part number is superseded to( but same as previous part above) 13207-81W00 and used in these Z series engines

'80-'82 A10 HL510

'80-'82 S110 200sx

'86-'88 D21 Hardbody

'87-'88 WD21 Pathfinder

Also also the '83-'85 300zx and '85-'86 Maxima VG30 engines

https://www.ebay.ca/itm/1320781W00-Genuine-Nissan-SEAL-OIL-VALVE-13207-81W00-/182597061007

s-l1600.jpg

• Like 1

13207-21002 and 13207-81W00 for sure

www.rockauto.com has a surprising amount of engine parts for the 720 also.

The Olympia WA Nissan dealer has been specializing in older Nissan and Datsun parts.  They have some crazy OEM and aftermarket stuff available!   https://www.nissanparts.cc/
One benefit to them is since they are a dealer, even if they dont have it you can at least swipe the part number

Edited by ShutterMeShort
  • Like 1
14 hours ago, ShutterMeShort said:

13207-21002 and 13207-81W00 for sure

www.rockauto.com has a surprising amount of engine parts for the 720 also.

The Olympia WA Nissan dealer has been specializing in older Nissan and Datsun parts.  They have some crazy OEM and aftermarket stuff available!   https://www.nissanparts.cc/
One benefit to them is since they are a dealer, even if they dont have it you can at least swipe the part number

Thank you SMS, As is becoming the norm, the more I research the more confused I become. My wants are easy to understand, I want the best items for the cheapest price. For valve seals,Vitron seals are recommended by most, and Vitron seals that have metal bases, are recommend as best. I search....

• Like 1

Ask yourself how much bother will it be to replace this part because you saved a few dollars. Will the time to time to fix it, time to go order or get the new part add up to more than what you saved? Worse, will you have to take the engine, transmission out to get at the failed part? Like a $4 pilot bushing that you could have easily changed when the engine was out last summer but you didn't. If it's hard to get at or a lot of trouble to get at to replace or if it's failure could leave you without a ride for days or weeks, a quality part even if expensive is probably a good investment. A tail light, not so much.

• Like 1

Datzenmike, You are preaching to the choir. The problem is the extreme disparity in cost, with decent (respected brand) parts. Not the difference between quality parts and cheap parts, the difference in price, across different websites for the same quality (decent) part. For instance, the same part/part number for a Mahle or Clevite  (brand names with above average reputation) will cost $3 dollars on one site, $5 dollars on another, with free shipping and cost,  with shipping on amazon or ebay $8.00. Currently, I am trying to work an angle on some SI valves combined with their bronze valve guides in a package deal, we'll see. I avoid DNJ and am on the fence about Qual Comm and ITM. If you know of other top quality or strong mid-range brands, worthy of consideration, in the valve stem seal, valve guide, and valve business, or those who should be blacklisted. Please advise.

• Like 1

Ah got cha. I've seen this before too. Beware counterfeit parts of brand name. If it too cheap to believe...it might be. NGK plugs on Amazon is one. There's a You-tube showing how to tell the difference. Not true with other stuff.

• Like 2