It Identifies as a Datsun, Dr30 skyline fun.

Lozer

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Happy new year all, so not much change lately. I'm finally installing the new rear whips for my rear bags. I've also decided after jccs to take it back to looking like the original dr30 body with the decals. So off with the body kit.

If anyone is curios about the mr2. I've renamed it veitnam, because I'm so deep into it in money I want to hit it with napalm in the morning.

20211130_210637.jpg

• Haha 2
On 9/3/2021 at 6:46 PM, Lozer said:

It was group 5 style cars you're thinking of and I'm still not sure what to call then. I'm going for  Shakotan, low down style and I'm doubling down on that shit. Just picked up a 3h height and pressure adjustable airlift kit and some coilover bags. This should be fun

IMG_20210903_165624_334.jpg

Awesome looking Skyline and build thread you got here! I keep looking at that subwoofer and thinking it would look badass on the back shelf of my Delorean. Do you know where I could find another one of those for sale? Or maybe you'd like to sell yours and free up some more space in that trunk?

19 hours ago, SupDoc said:

Awesome looking Skyline and build thread you got here! I keep looking at that subwoofer and thinking it would look badass on the back shelf of my Delorean. Do you know where I could find another one of those for sale? Or maybe you'd like to sell yours and free up some more space in that trunk?

Buddy of mine had had one back in the day and it always made me laugh because it was called a "Power Bass Reactor". Google shows it to be a "KENWOOD SW201X".

• Like 1
On 1/16/2022 at 9:48 PM, SupDoc said:

I picked it up @yahoo auctions japan,, using Buyee.com as the proxy. I got lucky it was listed as junk but it worked great.

• Like 1
On 1/16/2022 at 9:48 PM, SupDoc said:

you may be in luck because I saw one go up for sale not too long ago https://app.photobucket.com/u/aiden-higgins/p/6d3a07f4-25c4-4d1a-92d0-89a9893ba6ce good luck!

19 hours ago, 521aiden said:

https://imgur.com/a/YHaIlCw sorry the other link didn’t work

I actually bought one off the Japanese auction site. Now I'm just waiting for it to get shipped. I think it's interesting that Kenwood never sold these things in America. I guess their marketing department figured they wouldn't do well.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, it may not be a flux capacitor, but it looks badazz in the back of my Delorean. Seriously though, not trying to hijack your build thread, this is the last you'll hear from me. Thanks for the awesome idea! (Not sure why the picture is upside-down)

IMG_1688.jpg

Edited by SupDoc
  • Like 2
  • 2 months later...

That look awesome. Hope to see you at Radwood this year.

So Show season is starting and im bored as shit with the car so its just cleaning time for now. Probably gonna go with a meagsquirt soon, the Mr2 using a map sensor has spoiled me and I now detest maf's.

280052709_10228055909773110_4637543150181209194_n.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 months later...

I'm currently mid way through a radiator upgrade. installing a 300zx TT rad and fan setup from Mishimoto... (i'm not 100% sold on their Customer service.)  

The first rad they sent had a stripped bleeder screw, They tried to make me warranty it which would have cost me shipping both ways. Well after having a shit fit on their Customer service guys I finally got someone they didn't have his head up his ass and they sent me a new one.

20220808_184615.jpg

20220808_212609.jpg

20220808_212633.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...

I did Raceworz in Sacramento in August and it was possibly the worst show I've been to. 105* no shade, no indoors and packed in like sardines. My wife nearly dies of heat stroke and I ended up leaving early. Aside from that it was fine.

20220820_094124.jpg

20220820_131529.jpg

20220820_120657.jpg

20220820_141359.jpg

20220820_161317.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi all, Things have been slow on the DR30, Shes at a spot where I like her so now I'm just getting ready for a repaint and hunting down all the rubber bits that appear to be NLA. So i've been getting the MR2 track ready here a vid from the last AX  

• 9 months later...