It Identifies as a Datsun, Dr30 skyline fun.

Lozer

Fitment is pretty ok after repairs and customing up the attachment points.

Just gotta hit 1 or 2 more layers of filler then prep and paint.

I also added anothe layer of glassmatt on the back as it was very flimsy from the factory.

20210811_185003.jpg

Edited by Lozer
  • Like 2
  • Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So I got it all back together and my rear coilovers are no longer static ( turns out rear preset was wound up 2"... it's now 4mm). The car rides like the touring car it should be and not a suspension less go kart.  Rear ride height need to come up almost 1" i'll hit it tomorrow.

I've still got to sand and polish the front airdam and color match the hardware but I'm pleased with how it sits. I have a hard as hell to find final touch on the way from Japan.

glass1.jpg

glass2.jpg

• Like 1

SO not much new but loving the fender wings ( i donno what the fuck to cell em). I did have contact with a previous owner that may have some of the missing bits for the car,  inner trunk pieces, original tail lights, ect.

overtime.jpg

• Like 2

It was group 5 style cars you're thinking of and I'm still not sure what to call then. I'm going for  Shakotan, low down style and I'm doubling down on that shit. Just picked up a 3h height and pressure adjustable airlift kit and some coilover bags. This should be fun

IMG_20210903_165624_334.jpg

Edited by Lozer
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Had an interesting adventure moving my kid to Chicago. Pick up an mr2 turbo with 113k miles to drive back........ ended up paying u haul 3 k for a truck and trailer to get the shit box home.

Shifter got stuck in 5th after the first 3 hours of driving, jimmied the cables back to a working mess. Pulled over for gas, found the coolant had teleported to another plane of existence, topped it up and damn thing started over heating on hour 4.........

I'll strip it down later for now the bags showed up.

20210916_121825.jpg

Edited by Lozer
  • Like 1

So in my adventure east I also picked up a rb20 5speed for 2 shinny hundred dollar bills. I finally tore it open last night and was pleasently surprised at its condition. Just need to snug up the big locl bolt on the end as it's a little loose and drill out the bell housing and bang I've got a modern shifter.

20210919_203243.jpg

On 9/18/2021 at 10:27 PM, Lozer said:

Had an interesting adventure moving my kid to Chicago. Pick up an mr2 turbo with 113k miles to drive back........ ended up paying u haul 3 k for a truck and trailer to get the shit box home.

Shifter got stuck in 5th after the first 3 hours of driving, jimmied the cables back to a working mess. Pulled over for gas, found the coolant had teleported to another plane of existence, topped it up and damn thing started over heating on hour 4.........

I'll strip it down later for now the bags showed up.

20210916_121825.jpg

Shit luck but hell of a nice shitbox. I love the Tom's kit - by far my fav. You gotta get the scoops. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Damn chinese bags were the wrong thread size and are ghosting me on a refund. (thank god for paypal). Picked up some American made bags for the rear from universal bags and picked up another set of slip on Chinese "bag overs" for the front. ( i should have just gotten 4 of the sport bags from universal). Waiting for the next set of chinese bags and other parts but I've got the rears in and am working on the trunk layout.

20210920_111346.jpg

20210926_185145.jpg

20210925_135309.jpg

20210919_140424.jpg

Edited by Lozer
  • Like 1

Lol, sorry for the hemorrhage guys.

I'm waiting on a pair of whips for the front bags then I've gotta run the lines back. I'm not super happy about how low I can get the fronts. The inner fender metal is just a dead end.

20211001_192041.jpg

• Like 1

Sorry for taking shitty phone pics. but this shit is RAD.  The ride as awesome and so far the level sensors make it mint. it does a cross loading calculation that works to keep the car flat when hard cornering. The ride is as smooth as my Tahoe unless I jack the pressure up then it rides like it did on coils. 

Expensive but friggin cool.

SLAM.jpg

Slam 2.jpg

Slam 3.jpg

• Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Scored my jccs invite. So I've been doing one of the things I hate most... polishing intercooler pipes.  Also got my replacment headlight from Japan and inevitably its slightly different.  So I'm bidding on a set this time.

• Like 2