aftermarket carb wiring

Buckner99

got an aftermarket carb from ebay, only has 2 wires going into the connector. some people say its the canada version of hitachi. I need it to go into my six pin connector. just trying to see which wires in the six pin connector that I attach these ones too. also, where the throttle cable attaches too its hitting the intake if i were to try and accelerate.

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed (3).jpg

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On that carburetor Red is idle cut (or anti dieseling) and Blue is for the electric choke heater.

I see that originally you had an ECC carburetor with a 6 wire plug.

Xpx5kbG.jpg

For Nissan L is the wire code for BLUE so Blue wire to Blue wire on the 6 pin connector.

Red goes to the red wire on your 6 wire connector. Pretty sure you don't need the ground wire as it will ground through the mounting bolts.

Cut the plug off keeping the wires as long as you can. Buy some male and female bullet connectors and join red to red and blue to blue and you're done. The bullet connectors will allow you to disconnect them if you later need to remove the carb.

LOL not a Canadian carb. That connector started being used on the very late 720 (in or around '86)  but certainly on the D21 Hardbody. Here in N Am they were fuel injection but worldwide carburetors were still used, maybe still are.

• Like 1

I guess whoever said that these are canadian carbs are misinformed lmao. Thank you for the diagram and wiring info. I assumed that it would be blue to blue and red to red, I just wanted to make sure. I was planning on getting spade connectors, but bullet ones will do just as good. I think the throttle cable part is rubbing because the carb wasn't all the way tightened down. it was rubbing on the intake (the part that the end of the throttle cable attaches too) cant remember the exact name for it 

unnamed (3).jpg

• Like 1
6 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Yes, spade connectors are good also. I remember being broke when I had my 521 back in the mid '70s. Literally used band aids to hold stuff together.

Yup, makes ya grateful for what ya got. Only one bringing income in with almost a 1 year old kid, don’t wanna sell the Nissan, but hell if my old lady’s rig breaks down it can’t even haul all 3 of us. I recently got gifted a 92 chev 1500 5 speed extended cab. Backseat and everything works unlike my Nissan. Has a bad head gasket, might sell the Nissan to have the funds to fix that or put a new motor in it. I’d love to keep the Nissan as a run around rig. We’ll see what happens.. 

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...