Problem with heater / blower

Hey guys, dummy question here. I have a problem with my 720. When the heat is on hot air blows out out of the bottom right side of heater unit, and cold air blows out of the down from the top right side of the cooling unit, but virtually no air blows out of any of the vents or air defogger. The air blowing out of the heater unit is definitely hot but it does a poor job of heating the cab, plus the windshield gets pretty foggy. I’ve never worked on heating systems so I’m asking here - is it something obvious? What can I do to figure this out? Thanks

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Slide the lower left slide all the way tot he right for maximum heat.

Above it.....

Slide the top left heater control all the way to the right for defrost. This should close off the floor heat and direct all the hot air to the windshield.

If still little or no defrost, the cable may be out of adjustment. Look at the linkage from the top left slide on the left side of the heater assembly above the gas pedal while you slide it back and forth. You should see two linkages moving. The bottom one closed the door allowing air out on the floor and the top one opens the door to the defrost of the windshield. Make sure that these two doors close and open fully as needed.

@Datzenmike yes I have the slide pushed overt to the right for defrost, still little to no air coming out. When I slide the top left slide both of the linkages move.

When I posted earlier it was on heat mode and there was hot air coming out of the bottom because the bottom door was wide open. However that is the only place I can get air to come out. Any of the other modes and little to no hot air comes out of the vents, the windshield vent or any of the others.