New at engine rebuild L16

Richie

2 hours ago, Crashtd420 said:

I know someone else had an issue like that where the person retapped the hole for a AN fitting....

Do you have the old sender or fitting that was originally in the hole?

Yea I do. It fits fine. I also bought a new one from rock auto and that fit fine. It’s weird 

• Like 1
  • Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

And you are ordering a Male bspt to female npt right..... 

Do you have a set of verniers for measuring?

You could compare the end diameter of the sender to the adapter... 

yea male Bsp to female NTP 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00V5Q6GME/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And no i do not

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Crashtd420 said:

Well a couple reviews claim the same issue, they say the Male end is npt.... I hope this wasnt the newest one you bought.. 

that was one of them, but i bought one from Zcar depot same thing, and this one that i am waiting on is from oriellys 

BSPT are 55 degree thread angle while NTP is 6. Sometimes the NTP will seem to fit the hole but the threads will never seal.

Seems very unlikely Zcar Depot would send you an NPT sender unless you asked them to. ALL Nissans are BSPT at least into the 2000s and probably are today.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

BSPT are 55 degree thread angle while NTP is 6. Sometimes the NTP will seem to fit the hole but the threads will never seal.

Seems very unlikely Zcar Depot would send you an NPT sender unless you asked them to. ALL Nissans are BSPT at least into the 2000s and probably are today.

https://zcardepot.com/products/adaptor-bpt-to-npt-pipe-fitting-1-8?variant=19275564089457

This is the one i got. it wont even fit the oil hole. The amazon one almost fit. 

Edited by Richie

Says...

New 1/8" BPT to 1/8" NPT pipe fitting adaptor. BPT are similar but not the same as NPT, so this adaptor can be used when fitting more common NPT accessories to the cooling system on Datsun Z cars. Note that 1/4" pipe fitting has an actual O.D. of about 3/8".

Seems to me this is not the oil pressure sender adapter but probably for the water temperature sender in the thermostat. You need BSPT thread not BPT

12 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

Says...

New 1/8" BPT to 1/8" NPT pipe fitting adaptor. BPT are similar but not the same as NPT, so this adaptor can be used when fitting more common NPT accessories to the cooling system on Datsun Z cars. Note that 1/4" pipe fitting has an actual O.D. of about 3/8".

Seems to me this is not the oil pressure sender adapter but probably for the water temperature sender in the thermostat. You need BSPT thread not BPT

WOOOOW. I am going to jump off of something. Man from the very beginning problem after problem and all i need to do is pay attention better. I really appreciate the help. Well not i have a coolant adapter I guess. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, datzenmike said:

Says...

So I just got the adapter and it reads 1/8 bsp 

• Like 1
On 1/6/2021 at 4:39 PM, Figbuck said:

Something that caused me issues was the Oil Pressure Sender. I wish I would have bought a new sender unit for my Auto-Meter oil pressure gauge... and made sure the threads in the block were the right ones... or else, tapped new threads before I "boiled" the block clean. The stock idiot light has a different thread pitch than most of the sending units. I know there are a ton of little things to remember and do, but this item can save you grief just as you want to get finished and fire it off!

In the end I got a generic oil pressure sender from O'Reily's. Napa and Baxter's were a no go. It has two tangs, to the gauge and to ground.

I would not tap the block!!! What could go wrong? Ewwwww... the thought of metal shavings and crankcase make me cringe...