Looking for 90 degree elbow crankcase breather tube..

Dubnut

Does anyone have one laying around?  I opened my motor up earlier this year after acquiring this pickup and the prior owner had installed a piece of copper water pipe with an elbow on it.  they attempted to JB Weld it into place..  That didn't hold and there is quite a bit of oil blow-by residue around the thing.

It's a 1972 PL620 that has an L18 (thought it was a L16, but it's been replaced previously)..  If anyone has the 90 degree elbow version of a Crankcase breather tube laying around I could use one.

Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its Vertical - there is a raised 18 cast into the Block on both sides and L18 is stamped into the side of the block right beside the dipstick, just underneath the cylinder head mating surface -   It's just the hose that was attached and the way it was twisted, I had assumed they had replaced it some time ago with the wrong setup.   It reaches the Intake just fine, but it seeps oil like a sieve.  So I thought the 90 degree setup would work better, and not collect as much oil blow-by.

But it IS a vertical hole, just underneath the intake/exhaust on drivers side right next to #3.

WE only got the L18 in the '73 610s and the '74 710 and 620. s far as I know they all had the pipe that came straight out of the side. Other countries got them up into the '80s.

This is a swapped engine, if you have a '73 620, so maybe a much newer import from Japan???

That was just a picture I had for explaining. At least you now know what to ask for. Looks like an L20B pipe will do.