accelerator cable for weber 32/36 DGEV in 1976 620

620crumudgeon

My '76 620 has a Weber 32/36 DGEV, however the u-shaped bend in the cable has caused the liner to wear and the cable sticks. I can open the primary throttle plate but it can't close on its own due to the cable sticking. I can order a replacement cable Pioneer CA-8734) but the same thing will happen. Are there other shorter accelerator cables that will work?

John

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Make sure the return spring is in line with the cable where it connects to the Weber and is not off to the side. It should also be anchored slightly above so it pulls in all throttle positions.

Take the cable out and rinse WD-40 through it, then drip some speedometer cable lube down it from both ends. Something with graphite or molybdenum di-sulphide in it.

With the cable disconnected from the carb make sure the carburetor is not the cause of not closing. 

Pretty much every other Datsun/Nissan truck accelerator cable is LONGER, cuz most later engines had the carb/FI over on the passenger side, thus requiring a much longer cable.  The 1980 ONLY 720 (81-newer was NAPZ with carb on passenger side) had an L20B, pretty sure the cable is similar, but I think that one is NLA/NLS.

Does your existing cable have the steel sleeve to eradicate a kink?