no 12 volt power

Lowtico

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get a $4 test lamp. Alligator clip to ground, anything you touch that has power the lamp lights up. Or a meter.

Take the over off the fuse box,  On the right three fuses there should be power with the key off.  If there is no power then go to the positive battery post. The large positive cable should have a smaller wire attached near the post. This wire will have a shorter green wire about 3-4" long with plastic connectors spliced in line. This is the fusible link and if burnt looking or crispy and brittle it may need replacing. The connections my simply be corroded or loose, but all power into the truck has to go through it.

You cannot use ordinary wire for this but special Hypalon insulated wire that is intended to allow the copper wire to melt like a fuse but not catch on fire. Most auto supply stores carry it. Green has a rating of 0 amps. Do not exceed his amount. Cut to length and solder in line

siravgI.jpg

I'm not very well versed on Datsun 620 wiring. But, I recently got a 1979 Datsun 620.  This pickup, if the wiring is stock and untouched, has a fusible link at the battery positive terminal, maybe more than one. This link protects the 12V power going into the cab. Do you have 12V power at the always on portion of the fuse block? Always on means it will power the headlights, and a few other items, without the key needing to be on. If you don't have headlights check the fusible link and make sure 12V is going through it. Headlights not working can be other problems also, but check the fusible link first and make sure it is working properly.

I don't have a picture of the fusible link myself. But, if you go to this link  https://ratsun.net/topic/77764-shopping-for-fusible-links/  and go to the second and sixth posts you will get some valuable information. The second post gives the color of the fusible link wires, and other information. The sixth post has several pictures of Datsun fusible link wires. These pictures are not necessarily of a 1979 Datsun fusible link set up. But your fusible link will be similar.

Don

ps-datsunmike was faster than me. He posted a picture of part of post number two.

Edited by 620slodat