2.  windshield

Where can I get one?

3.  fuel gauge does not work

How does one fix this issue?

4.  wiper fluid (pump)

Where can I get one?

5.  tool to take spare tire off from under the pickup

Where can I get one?

I am located on the coast in Washington.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1/ room lamp 26410-04100

optional room lamp used with door switch 26410-04400 or take the old one in to NAPA have hem match it up.

2/  Want ad?... https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/

3/ Does the temperature gauge work? they both use the same power supply. If temp gauge works look under the passenger seat, on the floor is a connector with 6 wires exiting through the floor for all the rear lighting and the fuel sender in the tank. Unplug the connector, find the solid yellow wire and ground it with the ignition on. Gauge should read FULL. If no reading the gauge is probably bad. If it does read full re-connect and follow the yellow wire to the top of the fuel tank. Clean as best you can and make sure the yellow wire is not broken or hit by a rock and is connected to the terminal on the sender. Beside it is the BLACK ground wire and if it is broken or corroded away the tank won't read either. Make sure it's solidly grounded. It's hard to get at but if you can't see anything wrong you'll have to take the tank out to really get at the sender. Terminals are likely corroded and/or loose and not making contact

4/ Want ad? https://ratsun.net/classifieds/category/9-datsun-parts/ Auto parts store may have universal pump.

• Thanks 1

Let's see if we can solve this spare tire tool once and for all. The spare tire holder design with the chain that lowers the tire from under the vehicle has been used by Nissan almost forever.

It is used on 510 wagons and any other wagon I would think. All trucks up to the Frontier and Titan and also includes the Xterra.

VzIQcCi.jpg

The "T" handle, rods, and lug wrench are out of a 2014 Frontier.

xKFtTXo.jpg

CdwbjyJ.jpg

These parts are still available from Nissan

"T" handle 99552-7S000 $8.70

EXTENSION ROD 99552-7S210 $8.63 (MAY REQUIRE 2)

LUG WRENCH $12.72 (should be a 21MM)

I hope this helps. Just about any Nissan that has a spare tire stored under the vehicle uses this. Should be able to find in a junk yard or purchased from your local Nissan dealer for about 40 bucks plus tax

At least every year let it down and rub the chain with grease on a rag. Nothing like a flat in the rain and the spare won't budge because it's been rusting up under there for 40+ years with the original Bridgstone 6:00 X14 6 ply nylon tire.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/13/2020 at 1:20 PM, KELMO said:

Let's see if we can solve this spare tire tool once and for all. The spare tire holder design with the chain that lowers the tire from under the vehicle has been used by Nissan almost forever.

It is used on 510 wagons and any other wagon I would think. All trucks up to the Frontier and Titan and also includes the Xterra.

VzIQcCi.jpg

The "T" handle, rods, and lug wrench are out of a 2014 Frontier.

xKFtTXo.jpg

CdwbjyJ.jpg

These parts are still available from Nissan

"T" handle 99552-7S000 $8.70

EXTENSION ROD 99552-7S210 $8.63 (MAY REQUIRE 2)

LUG WRENCH $12.72 (should be a 21MM)

I hope this helps. Just about any Nissan that has a spare tire stored under the vehicle uses this. Should be able to find in a junk yard or purchased from your local Nissan dealer for about 40 bucks plus tax

Wow, great info!  I have two different long rods, different lengths, but most importantly different square ends.............one noticeably bigger square!  I noticed this a few months ago digging thru my parts, but never researched why the difference...........maybe truck vs 510 Wagon?  I assume these Titan parts are compatible with the 521?

These were out of my Frontier but the part #'s indicate Titan application.

The different rod lengths and different square end is odd and I do not recall ever seeing that.

I also have to assume they are compatible with the 521 but I do not have one to try the theory out on.

Now, If someone should choose to loan me their 521 I could research this and find out.

I'll only need it for about a month.😄