front bank injectors

When looking under the hood of a 2001 Nissan Maxima and injector/coil cover plate, which ignition coils are in the "front bank" and/or are there markings or design differences that identify whether a coil/injector unit is a member of the front or rear bank.

Thank you

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Information from the website that suggested the Maxima coil/injectors: "2001 maxima coils are drop in with perfect fitment, do not NEED a mounting system unless you feel like it, has a built in ignitor so no external one needed, they are triggered by 5v so NO MORE PLUG WIRES!!...you need to use 4 coils from the FRONT BANK of the maxima. If you go to a junker you need 2 donor cars."

I have located a couple of 2001 Maximas, but haven't figured out which coil/injectors to acquire. The Maximas are 6 cylinders not 4 cylinder. My best guess is that you need 2 donor cars, because there are only 3 of the correct injector/coils under the engine cover, the other 3 are at the back of the engine and would be difficult to remove. For some reason, when I read a total of 4 injector/coils were necessary from 2 donors, I thought 2 injector/coils from each of the donors. But, my new theory is that it is 3 injector/coils from one donor and 1 injector for the other (although I would take all 3 to have spares).

Anyone that can confirm my theory?

No idea what your plans are. There are VQ30DE and VQ35DE

VQ30DE......

22401-1P116 spark plug Qty, 6

22448-2Y000* coil RH Qty. 3

22448-2Y006* coil LH Qty. 3

* the last two digits are the Distinction Number. 00-19 signifies a similarity like two carpets the same but for the color. So I imagine they are basically the same but why RH and LH ????

One thread that I have be using for reference is here: http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60105

It is the website that provided coil on plug identification confusion, and new to me term "Front Bank"

In my continual goal of getting much for little, I have been investigating ignition timing to increase mpg and maximize engine efficiency. The link I posted is a coil on plug setup that uses a Megasquirt. The Megasquirt is a fine device, but spendy. The methods of using a stock ecu with either an affordable Megajolt and/or a Dog Tuning converter explained here http://www.ka-t.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=62837

That is where my head is at, investigating an option until it is proven not cost effective, over complicated/unreliable, or any other disguised difficulty uncovered through investigation.